JOB ID: DR1254
JOB TITLE: Sr. Business System Analyst
LOCATION: 2-3 days in Bethesda, MD 20814
and 2 days in Lanham, MD Office or vice versa
START DATE: July, 2013
HOURS: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (40 hours per week Mon. - Fri)
TYPE: W2 Contractor Job
CONTRACT: 1 year plus on this contract.
REQUIRED: Note: Must have an active TS with an active SCI
There are no exceptions on the clearance required
for this job.
PAY: Salaried: 95K plus benefits program and paid time off
Hourly: 47.00 per hour plus benefits program
INTERVIEWS: Start the week of August 5, 2013
If interested: Send resume to Juliann.email@example.com
Business and systems analysis for on-site technical (O all candidates must have an active TS/SCI clearance for this job.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Specific daily duties include but are not limited to:
Planning the Requirements formulation process.
Eliciting information on needs and articulate them as customer requirements.
Transforming business/functional requirements into informal requirements.
Converting solutions into business cases.
Transforming informal requirements into a form that clearly communicates the desired system/software (technical requirements).
Validating that the formal requirements truly address customers' needs and solve their problems.
Communicating with the customers and users to determine their business/functional needs.
Analyzing business/functional requirements, non-functional requirements, and technical/system requirements.
Determining that all requirements are feasible and can be automated or that existing application can be modified.
Determining what benefits can be gained from implementing the requirements, including benefits such as - Regulatory Compliance of and ability to audit, Data Management Administration, Risk Management, and Quality Improvement.
Analyzing and documenting solutions in support of the customers goals and objectives in collaboration with all stakeholders.
Analyzing and bridging communication gaps between the customer and the technical team.
Eliciting non-functional and technical requirements from the technical stakeholders.
Eliciting source system schemas and application logic from the technical stakeholders.
Developing "As-Is" and "To-Be" business requirements.
Vetting "To be" business/functional requirements with customers and users.
Identifying and documenting business risks and issues.
Mitigating business risks satisfactorily.
Determining whether the issues and needs are clear, incomplete, ambiguous, or contradictory and then resolving the issues to meet the customers' needs.
Participating in the review process with stakeholders to mitigate risks, resolve issues, and ensure that scope and requirements are consistent with business needs and customer expectations.
Providing valuable insight into technology, process or alternative solutions to business problems/needs.
Presenting the formal requirements to, and getting approval from the customer.
Reviewing user guide on behalf of users to ensure that automated systems meet customers and users expectations.
Reviewing training plan to ensure consistency with requirements and business needs.
Producing and maintaining unambiguous, clear business analysis documentation.
Providing data base administration, logisticians, and software developers with business and technical support.
Communicating with co-workers, management, vendors, customers and others in a courteous and professional manner.
Providing the Project Manager / Team Lead with ROM estimate for performance of business and systems analysis.
Providing the Project Manager / Team Lead with routine status updates on business needs and solutions, business and systems analysis, customer feedback and customer relationship.
Conforming with, and abiding by all regulations, standards, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Skills and Abilities Strength (Strong, Medium) / Experience
A. Knowledge Area
1. Business Processing Re-engineering Strong / 7 years or more
2. Change/Configuration Management Strong / 7 years or more
3. Subject Matter Logistics Medium / 4 - 6 years
4. Subject Matter of Regulatory Management Strong / 7 years or more
5. Requirements Management Strong / 7 years or more
1. Business Case Analysis Strong / 7 years or more
2. Systems Analysis Strong / 7 years or more
3. Presentation Strong / 7 years or more
4. Multi-tasking Strong / 7 years or more
5. Attention to Detail Strong / 7 years or more
6. Documentation Strong / 7 years or more
7. Business Modeling Strong / 7 years or more
8. Process Modeling Strong / 7 years or more
9. Managing Shifting Requirements Strong / 7 years or more
10. Managing Imprecise and Ambiguous Requirements Strong / 7 years or more
11. Traceability Maintenance Strong / 7 years or more
1. Microsoft Office desktop Productivity Tools Strong / 7 years or more
2. Industry Standard Requirements Management /Tracking Tools Strong / 7 years or more
3. Microsoft SSRS and/or other Reporting Tools Strong / 7 years or more
4. SQL / MS SQL Server and/or other Databases (e.g., Oracle) Strong / 7 years or more
5. Process/Environment Diagrams Strong / 7 years or more
6. Structured English Strong / 7 years or more
7. Decision Tables Strong / 7 years or more
8. Flow Charts Strong / 7 years or more
9. Context Diagrams Strong / 7 years or more
10. Data Flow Diagrams Strong / 7 years or more
11. Data Dictionaries Strong / 7 years or more
1. Planning Strong / 7 years or more
2. Needs Hierarchy Strong / 7 years or more
3. Application Prototyping Strong / 7 years or more
4. Joint Application Development (JAD) Strong / 7 years or more
5. Joint Application Review (JAR) Strong / 7 years or more
6. Agile Strong / 4 years or more
E. Information Assurance
1. Review and manage business data during Business Development Life Cycle (BDLC) , System development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Project Life Cycle Strong / 7 years or more
1. Professional interaction with customers Strong / 7 years or more
2. Professional interaction with leadership and teammates Strong / 7 years or more
Master Business Analysis, or
Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA), or
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
Must have an AA or Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university
ClearanceJobs.com - 14 months ago