We are seeking an experienced executive in the National Capitol Region to grow and lead a technical services organization. The successful candidate will: (a) lead the identification and development of services opportunities for Federal clients within DoD, the military Services, DHS, DOT and elsewhere; (b) lead the capture of these opportunities, and (c) direct and oversee the staffing and performance of resulting services work. Candidates who have successfully built and managed an organization centered on large services contracts are preferred. This position will report directly to ARA’s CEO.
ARA is a 1300 person, employee-owned, entrepreneurial company providing science and technology services to government clients across national security, infrastructure, energy, the environment, and health and human safety. ARA has five business units at this time. The technical services organization represents a significant expansion for ARA and will be our sixth business unit. Founded in 1979, ARA has offices throughout the United States and Canada, and has built a reputation for delivering on the toughest assignments, as promised, on time and on budget.
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is a rapidly growing technology services company with an excellent national reputation and a thirty four year history of strong growth. Our culture supports career growth and rewards innovation, self-motivation, and technical excellence.
ARA offers competitive salaries and outstanding benefits including stock ownership, medical and dental coverage, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) profit sharing plan, annual bonuses, and professional development programs. ARA is an EEO/AA employer.
- Bachelor’s level degree (or higher); technical major in engineering, computer science, physics, or a related discipline is a plus.
- 15+ years of experience in DoD/Federal technical services contract work.
- 5+ years of experience building and running a customer-site services organization.
- Established client network in the DoD/federal technical services business.
- Proven business development skills.
- Demonstrated line organization leadership skills.
- Strong proposal management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Due to the nature of work, qualified candidates must be U.S. Citizens as applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Applied Research Associates, Inc - 19 months ago
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA) is an international research and engineering company recognized for providing technically excellent...