Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services organization, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide by providing a full range of financial services and products. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 26,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked #17 in Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2014 and marking our fifth straight year in the list's Top 50 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Business Development Advisor for our Raleigh, NC facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Develops new prospects and enhances business relationships with external agencies to increase and maximize financial services to our
membership. Works independently and applies advanced knowledge of the business and its products. Serves as a resource to other members of the team and establishes plans and executes strategic activities that directly support the implementation and optimization of efforts to grow specific segment or product line sales, revenue, profit,and market share.
- Works under minimal supervision and work is completed independently. Provides insight and guides management on issues. Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues of an unusual nature. Performs complex work assignments and problem resolution. Identifies opportunities and potential solutions.
- Develops networks to cultivate relationships and increase referral business for multiple USAA product lines to improve effectiveness and financial growth for USAA. Implements processes that ensure business efficiency while driving acquisition goals for USAA.
- Represents USAA and has one-on-one discussions with members to better understand their needs and concerns. Initiates prudent on the spot resolution as necessary by providing concessions that support the overall business and financial growth strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of various USAA product lines; engage and works with cross-functional teams across the enterprise including Marketing, eBusiness, Solutions, Military Affairs and Product Management to develop effective strategies that meet and exceed member and business partner objectives.
- Facilitates seminars and conferences to educate prospect groups on the value and benefits of USAA membership and its product lines. Maximizes regional exposure to increase opportunities to provide USAA services in communities where USAA does not have a physical presence.
- Bachelors Degree or 4+ years of mortgage OR sales experience.
- 6+ years mortgage experience OR sales experience.
- Advanced communication, presentation, and public speaking skills with a high proficiency in Mobile Technology.
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other desktop applications.
- Advanced knowledge of banking products and business performance metrics, goals and objectives.
- Must meet USAA safety driving requirements (driving records will be verified thru State Motor Vehicle Registration as a condition of employment).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years in mortgage sales in Raleigh-Durham, Fayetteville, and Southern Pines, North Carolina.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA - 15 months ago
FOR OUR VETERANS:
Did you know USAA has numerous career opportunities that don’t require corporate experience? If you’re...