Corporate Strategy Associate
The “Corporate Strategy Associate” role is an exciting position in the Business Development group focused on supporting and managing athenahealth’s More Disruption Please (“MDP”) program. More Disruption Please is athenahealth’s groundbreaking program that helps connect early/mid-stage entrepreneurs with capital, knowledge, and the ability to accelerate their business growth through the athenahealth service platform. The program is also focused on testing and scaling new business models inside our provider base—with a focus on increasing revenue to our providers, increasing efficiency, and enabling athenahealth to more easily sell our core services.
In support of this very strategic initiative, the right candidate should possess a strong understanding of athenahealth’s core business functions and products, and have excellent communication, time management, and organization skills combined with an ability to distill complex challenges into actionable plans. In addition, the candidate must be able to collaborate well and work closely with other departments internally to help execute and operationalize formalized MDP Partnerships.
Role & Responsibilities
The Corporate Strategy Associate will support and work closely with the Business Development Manager to assist in the execution of MDP partnerships, marketing and communications efforts for MDP, and research and vetting process for new partnership opportunities. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Attending and documenting notes at meetings, both internally with other teams and externally with potential partners
- Supporting the execution of formalized MDP Partnerships through close coordination with other teams for review, approval, and operational R&D processes.
- Action item tracking, updating, and communication with relevant stakeholders
- Leveraging product knowledge of athenaNet to help facilitate deep-dive discussions with multi-stakeholder teams
- Providing support in exploring new MDP Partner opportunities, including company research and profiling, and closely following key industry and innovation trends in the healthcare space.
- Contributing to marketing and communications efforts to raise awareness of MDP.
- Help coordinate and manage ongoing performance tracking and analysis of executed MDP Partnerships.
Key competencies of the successful candidate include:
- Industry Acumen – demonstrated knowledge of the HIT space and other major actors within the healthcare industry, and the norms governing those actors’ interactions with each other.
- Communication – highly articulate; expresses complex issues succinctly and makes compelling arguments in writing and in person; builds reports and presentations that frame findings and conclusions.
- Relationship Building – has a strong working network and builds new relationships (internal and external) with companies that we are pursuing or that are interested in joining MDP as a preferred partner.
- Organization and Project Management – able to manage multiple projects simultaneously transparently, ensuring that all internal and external stakeholders understand the projects’ goals and deliverables
- Self-Motivated – Hands-on, self-motivated, and highly inquisitive style. Able to work independently to prioritize and deliver on key priorities
- Analytical Nature – ability to dive deep into data and articulate core findings to the broader group
Position requirements include:
- BA or BS required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a project management or product management support role within a healthcare related field. Also open to candidates with 1-2 years’ consulting experience in healthcare and healthcare IT.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to focus on detail, supported by excellent problem solving and investigative skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complicated topics both on paper and in person.
- Enthusiasm, idealism, creativity, dedication.
- Ability to work collaboratively, without direct reporting authority, to get results.
- Excellent collaboration, influencing, interpersonal and team-working skills.
- 2 years ago - save job
athenahealth knows that managing physician practices can result in a splitting headache, especially when patients are late paying bills or...