The Senior Business Development Manager (Senior BDM) will be directly accountable for defining market strategy and executing the successful negotiation and sale of online advertising campaigns. The BDM's primary responsibility will be to acquire and grow new advertising clients through prospecting of direct marketers and agencies. In addition to prospecting travel advertisers the BDM will also prospect non-travel related advertisers. The Senior BDM will also be a mentor to other BDMs and an industry expert on the sale of digital media to agencies.
- Sales Strategy: Drive and execute strategy to grow Media Solutions business within North America. Responsible for identifying key businesses in the travel and non travel sectors and selling the benefits of partnering with Expedia as an advertising partner of choice. This includes representing the advertising strategy of the partner in order to develop campaigns that meet their needs. The Senior BDM will be the team lead with respect to agency sales and strategy, sharing best practices and guiding other sellers.
- Sales Negotiation: Own and lead the advertising sales process end to end from identification of new prospects, to developing an understanding of client needs and mapping those needs with planning and strategic selling. Including a portfolio of domestic and international partnerships. The ability to navigate senior level management and understand the political pressures of an organization to get to a positive decision is key to success. Will provide customers with a consultative sales experience and build /enhance long-term strategic relationships with existing partnerships through up-selling, cross-selling, etc.
- Partner Launch/ Internal Stakeholder Management: Oversee the launch & on-going, day-to-day performance of advertising Partnerships and influence across other functions (including PSG, Marketing, Operations, Billing, Product & Media Planners) to ensure successful campaign delivery and resolve issues as they arise.
- Commercial Results/Performance: Define and deliver continued improvement in revenue contribution to Media Solutions leveraged through insightful measurement and ROI analysis of new partnerships on an ongoing basis.
- External Relationship Management: Effective prospecting of assigned leads as well as building target lists from scratch. Introducing prospects/leads to Expedia and effectively pitch Expedia's robust audience to both travel and non-travel targets. Close targets on the value of the Expedia audience and manage initial relationship with clients post campaign launch.
- Training and Best Practices: Leverage experience to help train other sellers to effectively sell to agencies and non-travel clients. Effectively and regularly disseminating information to the other team members on the digital media sales eco-system. Assist director and sales planning with policy setting that maximizes the teams effectiveness.
Work Experience and Education Guidelines:
- Demonstrated ability to meet revenue targets
- Ability to effective prospect and engage target accounts; lead targets to the "next step" in the sales process; especially with digital advertising agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively build client facing relationships, pitch and influence at senior management level
- Demonstrated ability to effectively navigate client issues through to resolution
- Demonstrated ability to analyze clients' needs and identify creative solutions
- Demonstrated ability in consultative selling
- The ability to travel frequently is required
- Looking for an independent, positive, and highly self-motivated individual
- Must be comfortable with uncertainty since compensation is variable based on achievement of sales quotas
- Need to be structured, organized and able to prioritize to meet demands of the role
- Strong communication skills important both internally and externally, both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor's degree required
- Considerable experience working in digital media sales
- Must have experience in client facing roles, preferably in a sales capacity and with agencies
- Must have experience/high comfort level with PowerPoint, excel, and Salesforce (preferred) and be comfortable retrieving and interpreting data from various databases, including translating takeaways into PowerPoint slides
Expedia - 2 years ago
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...