University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission ( http://www.urc-chs.com/ ).
Division & Project Overview
The Business Development Unit (BDU) is responsible for identifying and tracking new business development opportunities, and coordination, preparation and production of high quality proposals through to their submission. The Team participates in proposal writing (corporate capability statements, personnel sections, and more), and also participates in recruitment and partnering activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Business Development Specialist (US-based Programs)will be a member of the Opportunity Development and Communications (ODC) Division of URC-CHS. S/he will report to the Vice President (ODC). Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Active involvement in marketing and networking with clients and collaborative organizations for the purpose of expanding program operations;
- Identify and track potential funding opportunities;
- Coordinate proposals on public health, education, and other technical areas;
- Write parts of proposals focused on US-based programming, including corporate capability sections, staffing, past performance components, and draft/contribute to technical approaches;
- Oversee and contribute to the development of personnel sections and ensure compliance;
- May present briefings on selected topical research / opportunities for expansion, and help manage the processes needed to gather strategic information and plan outreach campaigns to clients and collaborators;
- Assist ODC staff on effective business development and coordination techniques, and help improve proposal processes, specifically targeted to US-based programs.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- MA (or equivalent) in social sciences, public health or education with excellent writing, and oral communications skills. 3-5 years experience in proposal coordination for US-based clients and/or foundations. Familiarity with federal contracting and federal agencies such as HHS, DoEd, DOJ, NIH, and DOL highly preferred. Knowledge of state and foundation grants also a plus. Candidates should bring some contacts and network with key federal agencies;
- Knowledge of: U.S. public health, health education, health communication, social marketing, language acquisition, adult education, technical assistance, training, and technology and information networks;
- Demonstrated success in researching and writing grants and proposals;
- Ability to multi-task and excellent organizational skills required;
- Ability to analyze and monitor process flow; write thank you letters and other correspondence to funders or potential funders; and the ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure to produce deliverables;
- Must be a team player with excellent interpersonal, oral, written communication and negotiation skills with strong computer skills in MS Word, Excel and Power Point, with knowledge of style manuals used by government agencies. Position requires candidates who can maintain confidentiality, and be flexible to changing priorities.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers .
Please cut and paste your cover letter and upload your CV where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.
University Research Co., LLC. - 8 months ago