The Business Technology Services (BTS) Strategy & Planning Team is accountable for managing and proactively supporting the business of technology, driving actionable insights, and continuous efficiency and effectiveness of BTS with focus to increase the value of IT, keep the unit cost of IT competitive, while positioning BTS to enable its’ clients to build and improve the operating effectiveness of their business. The Team enables BTS mission of delivering innovative solutions to our clients through strategically aligning BTS with the corporate strategy and objectives, driving effective delivery on commitments, tracking progress against the value of delivery, while ensuring the security and compliance of the delivery.
The hiring group’s Operational Excellence & Financial Stewardship practice specifically focuses on continuous efficiency and effectiveness of BTS to keep the unit cost of IT competitive, and to integrate strong financial stewardship with the value of IT and operating improvements over time. The team’s leaders and analysts fulfill strategic and tactical responsibilities in the context of performance management initiatives through the examination and resolution of critical issues that cut across different technology groups and business units in the firm, including but not limited to: developing measurements and pathways to increased financial leverage & performance, driving targeted change initiatives to improve return on technology investments, and leading the development of new ideas to enhance the operating and interaction model with strong financial fundamentals.
As a Senior Business Financial Analyst, the incumbent is responsible for working with all levels of staff and management on key processes and initiatives to drive improved financial stewardship and overall operating performance. More specifically, the incumbent will work closely with the IT management team and business partners in Corporate Finance to periodically collect & complete forecasts to monitor activity and provide key insights into spend patterns with recommendations for go-forward changes or rebalancing efforts in the business spend in order to achieve financial key performance indicators (KPIs) and enterprise efficiency ratios. Furthermore, the incumbent will play a critical role in continued transformation of the technology division in partnering with IT leaders to achieve stated targets in the new technology investment model to focus resources on most impactful and strategic efforts, to increase the return on overall technology investment portfolio, and to keep the unit cost of IT competitive.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Financial Stewardship
- Partner with IT leaders and management teams to guide their investment and spend decisions in order to achieve key financial growth and transformation targets
- Lead the forecasting process and conduct deep-dive reviews of spend patterns across individual technology areas with the ultimate objective to provide insights & recommendations to key decision-making personnel in the IT organization.
- Partner with IT leaders to drive the accountability in realizing value & benefits of prior investments, and formulate new recommendations for further targeted investments
- Lead quarterly and annual benchmarking efforts with select external consultants for continued focus on keeping the unit cost of IT competitive, and providing recommendations for financial & operating improvements
- Assist in monthly financial close process and review early results to provide appropriate feedback for correct final results.
- Partner with the IT leaders and Corporate Finance to lead the annual budget planning focused on continued transformation of technology investment mix and return leverage
- Develop complex Excel-based financial and operating models for key insights & decision support
- Preparing professional presentations and decision-support models using Excel and MS PowerPoint describing analytics
- Planning and managing work and task timelines to meet corporate financial reporting deadlines and reviews with senior management
- Educating others on best practices and gained knowledge & insights from own research and analysis
- Working in collaboration with multiple functions to perform fact-based research activities and make recommendations to the management for next steps.
Other Key Qualifications:
- The position requires strong analytical and problem solving skills, outstanding teamwork, and some applied project management experience with pragmatic results orientation. The incumbent must enjoy and be effective working with professionals and functional analysts across all levels of a fast-moving, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization.
- Specifically, the incumbent should have:
- Strong, creative business thinking and analytical skills
- Exceptional fact-based problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, gathering data, performing data analysis, and effectively communicating results of the analysis and associated recommendations
- Sound understanding of financial concepts, process management, technology capabilities, and organizational structure and design
- Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel and PowerPoint in performing analysis and communicating results
- Strong initiative and action orientation with desire to roll-up sleeves, get hands dirty and get into the depths of the business
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written – in communicating both details and summary information to multiple levels of the organization and management
- 7 – 15 years of broad financial and business analysis or management consulting experience a must;
- Previous experience in working with IT departments and organizations in the area of financials and performance improvement a strong plus
- MBA and prior management/project management experience a strong plus
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
- Ability to work on multiple processes and projects at once in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Grace under pressure and a sense of humor
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of using VBA and Microsoft Access for automation desirable
LPL Financial Services - 11 months ago