Bachelors Degree strongly preferred in Business or Healthcare related field preferred. Previous experience with financial management and planning in an academic healthcare environment required. Strong revenue cycle management required.
Effective leadership skills including:
•Highly developed written and oral communication skills
•Budget management skills
•Program development skills
•Knowledge of and experience with QI tools/approaches
•Building capabilities of staff
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Under the guidance of the Administrative Director, the Senior Business Manager provides on site practice management to include the following;
1. H.R. management to include CHOP one personnel management, Kronos responsibilities (timekeeping for CHOP based Physician payroll, Front line clinicians, support staff, research personnel), on-boarding of new employees, compliance with mandatory education, participation in the hiring process and all other personnel related management under the auspices of H.R. such as employee evaluations, etc.
2. Provides financial management to include completion, tracking and reporting of reimbursements in compliance with CHCA standards and guidelines. Tracking and reporting of moonlighting throughout the network to include submission in accordance with guidelines. Assist with budget management to include development, variance reporting and maintenance under the direction of the Senior Business Manager for Financial Operations.
3. Has primary responsibility for overseeing the Network revenue cycle process to include Pennsylvania hospital and other satellites within the Neonatal network. Responsible for training billing and coding staff in collaboration with CHCA. Responsibility for the revenue cycle includes ensuring integrity of the coding (in collaboration with CHCA compliance), charge entry, work que management and working collaboratively with CHCA billing office with respects to review of reports and developing resolution for billing related issues. Includes on site visits of satellite billing offices to include establishing policies and procedures with respect to rev cycle operations.
4. Supervisory responsibility for office personnel
5. Coordinate/organize CHOP Newborn Care faculty recruiting
6. Responsible for on boarding of new network physicians and front line clinicians to include credentialing and enrollment, re-credentialing for established providers, oversees the contract process for on-boarding of new faculty, collaborates with CHOP Neonatology office manager on issues related to faculty affairs to include promotions, faculty appointments, visa issues, etc.
7. Works collaboratively with Pennsylvania hospital staff to include I.T. and other support services. Additionally works with CHOP I.T. for network related issues.
8. Works collaboratively with site Medical Director regarding practice operations and provides support when needed.
9. Provides other support as directed
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 12 months ago