The Sr BSA leverages a robust set of tools and works independently on projects of moderate to medium complexity and is responsible for analyzing the business, facilitating solution definition, and successfully integrating business processes, roles and technology to ensure business objectives are met. They work on projects of significant complexity under the direction of a Consulting BSA or their manager. Lead a team of analysts on projects of moderate to medium complexity.
- Drive business centric collaboration with stakeholders, business users, and technical solution providers to understand business needs.
- Evaluate business processes and lead solution definition (workflow, technology, data, etc.) to support business goals and initiatives.
- Facilitating the project team through identification of product options, objective screening of products to determine best fit, and quantitative analysis to support the selection of product(s) to pursue.
- Facilitate the definition and analysis of business needs and requirements for new and/or enhanced products, services, or optimized business processes.
- Drive solution identification and assessment, advocating for the business needs to ensure solutions achieve desired business results.
- Coordinate and lead User Acceptance Testing, prioritizing gaps and negotiating between the business and technical solution providers to gain product acceptance.
- Developing and maturing relationships with the business stakeholders across a business area.
- Mentors and trains others on the use and application of the tools and core techniques.
- Contributes to development of tools, templates, methods.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders to identify project objectives, scope, dependencies and risks for projects.
- Collaborate with peers to develop a customized business analysis approach, defining the business analysis tasks, resources, and estimated effort to complete a project.
- Communicate the approach and work with project team to modify and ultimately gain approval for the analysis activities.
- Manage changes to the solution requirements, assessing the impact of requirement changes, and ensuring appropriate approval of those changes.
- Manage solution requirement communication, ensuring that stakeholders have a shared understanding of the requirements.
- Work as liaisons among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate and validate requirements for changes to business processes, data, policies and information systems.
- Quickly understand business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements, analyze and present solution options.
- Leverage and continually mature interview and facilitation techniques to elicit business needs and requirements.
- 3-7 years of relevant work experience
- Experience working as a business analyst on large, enterprise or high priority initiatives
- College graduate preferred
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience modeling business processes.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
- Overtime may be required to meet deadlines.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices and objects.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, or off-site personnel/management.