Auto req ID: 6328BR Job Title: Senior Business System Analyst Area of Interest: Information Technology Location Name: 90065 IT Applications Management Address: 1265 Laurel Tree Lane Suite 200 City: Carlsbad State: CA Zip Code: 92011 Job Description: GENERAL SUMMARY: Responsible for effectively leading efforts to analyze and support the integration of information technology solutions for business critical processes. Works directly with senior-level business partners, vendors, and the Applications Development team to understand business needs and process flows to develop detailed IT requirements, general designs, process flows, test cases, and acceptance documents. The Senior Business Systems Analyst is also expected to assume a leadership position in mentoring others, approving Business Systems Analyst work products when appropriate, and assuming project manager responsibilities when one is not assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Business and Process Engineering (50%). With minimal oversight perform the following:
1. Leadership (25%). With minimal oversight perform the following:
- Functional knowledge and experience working with PeopleSoft HR / Time and Labor as well as PeopleSoft Financials (AM, PC, GL, AP, PO modules) starting with version 9 and higher.
- Design and troubleshoot new and existing changes/enhancements for PeopleSoft HR / Time and Labor, PeopleSoft Financials, and 3rd party integrations.
- Support HR/TL data needs for other external and internal business applications like Kenexa, ADP Probusiness, Enwisen, Ceridian, Metlife, Diversified, etc.
- Expertise with Microsoft Office suite of products including Visio
- Ability to create AS-IS and TO-BE process flows to ensure requirements are captured at all points for the new process being designed
- Analyze and document root cause of defects or production support issues and implement appropriate solutions
- Leads the analysis, development and prioritization of critical business improvement opportunities which drive increased effectiveness and value
- Support application upgrades, patch bundle deployments and environment refreshes as needed. Participation in a full-cycle HR or Financials upgrade.
- Create necessary design documents to capture all business requirements and necessary technical detail
- Prototype solutions for customer and analyst review
- Knowledge of database design and utilization
- Conduct and coordinate on-site UAT for projects when necessary
- Unit test and document test cases for new changes
- Experienced in using tools like TOAD, UltraEdit, PeopleSoft nVision, Peoplesoft Query, Crystal Reports or other SQL query tools
- Good understanding of PeopleSoft tools like Application Engine, Component Interface, Application Messaging/Integration Broker, Data Archive Manager, Security, etc.
- Support the implementation of highly data-centric applications and the interfaces to support the business goals
- Design solutions to functional gaps
- Estimate tasks and projects to create LOE (level of effort) to deliver on target dates
- Capable of working and thriving in a fast-paced, integrated team environment
2. Project Management (25%). With minimal oversight perform the following:
- Train others in aspects of Business Analyst duties and skill sets
- Cultivate working relationships at all levels of the organization to include outside vendors
- Stay informed and up-to-date on status, events and other critical information on a wide range of projects ensuring quality products are developed and delivered
- Good negotiation skills and ability to work well under pressure
- Provide leadership direction to less experienced teammates and resolve issues at the lowest possible level and escalate when appropriate
- Provide status reports to Manager on all tasks being worked
- Ensure work products of others conform to the highest levels of quality and meet operational and technical standards
ORGANIZATION RELATIONSHIPS: This position reports to a Manager and works with other Business Systems Analysts and Developers to ensure requirements and deadlines are appropriate and met. Work closely with the Manager to prioritize tasks and ensure optimal and reusable (where appropriate) solutions are designed.
- Create Project Plans, Charters and LOE's for new projects
- Work closely with Project Management Office on projects and deliverables
- When PM is not available, take on leadership role of PM to setup meetings, create status reports, publish charters, etc.
- Evaluate project objectives and scope for technical feasibility and fit against the general design and requirements
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:1) Knowledge, skills & abilities:
6 or more years of experience with PeopleSoft HR, Time and Labor or Financials ERP systemsKnowledge of PeopleSoft tools like PeopleCode, SQL, Integration Broker, Web Services, Component Interface, SQR, Application Engine, etc.Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt message to both technical and non-technical audiencesExcellent problem solving and logical analysis skillsKnowledge of operating systems (Linux, Unix, Windows)Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle methodologiesStrong debugging and problem solving skillsWorking knowledge of TOAD (Tool for Oracle Application Developers)Ability to lead a team to accomplish goals and train and mentor others 2) Minimum certifications/educational level:
BS Computer Science, Information Systems, or related IT field (preferred) 3) Minimum experience:
Excellent written and verbal communications skills are requiredProficiency with Windows and Microsoft tools is required 4) Physical Requirements:
- 6 yrs of IT Business Analyst experience using PeopleSoft or other ERP systems
- Typical office work environment
- May be required to work outside of typical business hours
- Requires minimal travel
- May need to occasionally work hours beyond the typical core business hours as needed
24 Hour Fitness Worldwide, the world's largest privately owned and operated fitness center chain, began as a one-club operation in 1983....