One of the largest writers of surety in the United States, HCC Surety Group provides contract, commercial, court and bail bonds to clients of all sizes: from sole proprietors to large publicly-traded companies. Our talented group of professionals is adept at underwriting traditional surety, and possesses the knowledge & creativity to offer solutions for specialty "hard-to-place" risks often dismissed by the surety marketplace at-large.
We have an opportunity for a Senior Business Systems Analyst who will be a key member of our Information Technology team. Under general supervision, formulate and define system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify complex information systems. Conduct business process analysis, needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefit analysis to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Define system scope, document requirements, and develop or modify complex information systems. This position will report to the Chief Information Officer of HCC Surety & Credit Groups.
Relying on experience and judgment, the Business Systems Analyst-Senior is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments are broad in nature and work can be difficult.
- Prepare needs assessments and perform preliminary cost benefit analysis in order to align business needs and initiatives.
- Consult with business users to identify current business operating procedures and to clarify program objectives.
- Document business user processes and requirements for coding systems or programs including the data sources to be utilized.
- Create complex reports to support business users and management requests.
- Assist programmers and programmer analysts in system acceptance testing and troubleshooting.
- Act as user liaison to resolve system issues and write medium to high complexity reports according to user or management requests.
- Manage incoming tickets from the business and identify as support requests, application defects, enhancements, or projects and assign tasks accordingly.
- Provide end user support for business software.
- Train end users on business software.
- Develop work plans, establish timelines, and set goals for assigned work.
- Meet commitments on deadlines.
- Review activities, results, and recommendations with management, clients, and developers as appropriate.
- Drive improvement in existing business processes.
- Perform work thoroughly in a cost efficient manner and at a high productivity level.
Business Controls and Policies
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Report any breakdown in controls to management.
- Conduct all activities in a safe manner.
No people management responsibility but may provide guidance to less experienced employees. May be assisted in project work by intermediate or entry level employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum of five years of relevant and progressive professional experience
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures. Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates, and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Intermediate proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project.
- Understanding of basic database concepts and a strong proficiency in SQL to write select queries with complex joins and where clauses.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Overtime hours may be required to fulfill job responsibilities
- May require travel outside normal work location
- May require a valid driver’s license
- May be required to stoop, bend, or sit for extended periods of time
- May be required to lift up to 10 pounds
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices
- Close vision and ability to adjust focus; required to read a computer screen
Note: This document is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the job.
HCC Insurance Holdings, Inc. is a leading specialty insurer with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland,...