Reporting to the Director of Governance, Service Management and eServices, the Senior Business Systems Analyst elicits, analyzes, specifies, models and tests business process and services within the IT Service Management and eServices portfolio. In addition, this role is client-facing and is responsible for satisfactorily establishing, maintaining and representing clients in various business and information technology settings as part of a liaison function including business and IT Service management. This role requires close coordination with internal ITS teams in matrix environment, and the ability to bridge the requirements from functional use cases and user experience setting to functional and process specifications. |
Department URL Address:
Click here for more information
1. Develops the initial project charter and clarification of the project scope, requirements, measurable outcomes, and project deliverables.
2. Works with respective process owners and using the business analytics, prepares the associated business case. Documents the “as is” and “to be” business processes using standard process modeling tools and process improvement methodologies.
3. Conducts thorough business case and external customer value analysis to determine selection, prioritization positioning and approach for broadest range of potential solutions (e.g., outsourcing, process improvements, and technology solutions).
4. Communicates compelling and concise analysis to enable business owners to make well informed decisions regarding options for problem resolution and opportunity realization. Reviews system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations to determine if requested system change is possible within existing system and is within the scope of the current project definition.
5. Gathers, compiles, and produces relevant business analytics on departmental performances including production of Performance Metrics and opinions/suggestions for improvement opportunities.
6. Develops and delivers quality analysis, reporting and presentation materials.
7. Responsible for requirements prioritization and solution risk analysis
8. Fully integrates baseline and metrics tracking into initiative planning and execution for optimal results.
9. Designs, plans, communicates and executes the departmental readiness plan.
10. Oversees, develops, facilitates and delivers training plans.
11. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in business, technology or related field and six years of related work experience in analysis of business needs and development of related business systems or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated experience in a Business Systems Analyst role with demonstrated and proven experience in a supervisory capacity.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated ability to align business goals with technology. Demonstrated experience working in a service oriented environment with Service Management and Business process owners
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated ability to work in multiple SDLC methodologies (RUP, Waterfall, Agile).
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Business or Technical Management experience.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
M.S. in computer science, management information systems, technology or business; 10 year's experience in a Business Systems analyst role;
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...