Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising, for organization by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Submit resume with salary history and requirments.
- Reviews requisitions.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors, and others to determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- International buying and negotiating.