GLOBAL COMPANY located in the Houston area is currently seeking a SENIOR BUYER to join their team and become a part of the company's future. This position provides Sourcing & Procurement support in the planning, development & execution of sustaining CAPEX and projects for Terminals in the Gulf Coast.
- Develop and maintain sustainable relationships and partnerships with Engineering, Business Development, project vendors, as well as other internal and external stakeholders.
- Will be an active member in budgetary project planning
- Ensures the timely execution of projects and on time delivery of goods and equipment, which are in line with Global & Divisional Procurement contracts and in compliance with S&P Strategy/Policies & Principles.
- Negotiates the goods and services for all projects and administers contracts with suppliers, vendors and other representatives.
- Leads pre-bid meetings between Engineering and suppliers in order to provide a clear scope and expectations for projects.
- Prepares bid proposal documents, analyzes bids, creates comparative tables, business cases and provides a recommendation for all projects
- Develop and maintain project contracts to ensure risk is mitigated and S&P promotes the development of sustainable partnerships with vendors
- Confer with staff, users, and vendors to correct the delivery of defective or unacceptable goods or services; determines appropriate corrective action.
- Evaluates and monitors contract performance; ensures compliance with contractual obligations; determines necessary changes for improvement of supplier partners & internal processes.
- Monitors changes affecting supply and demand; tracks market conditions, price trends, and futures markets for applicable commodities.
- Contributes to the development of processes and tools to further improve efficiencies within Project Sourcing and Procurement.
- Monitors and reviews Company procurement system (JDE) to ensure system integrity
- Must have a 4 year degree from an accredited college or university.
- College degree in Business, Finance, or related field, advanced degree, MBA or equivalent helpful
- 5-10 years related Sourcing & Procurement project experience.
- 3 – 7 years related experience in an oil, gas, or chemical company, terminal facility or similar industry preferred
- Must have experience sourcing tanks, pipes, etc
- CPM preferred
- Must have a demonstrated success in vendor relations and budget management
- Must have proven negotiation skills
FPCNational - 2 years ago