Senior Buyer, Holland L.P.
Reports to: Purchasing Manager Department/Location: Purchasing/Crete
To expedite and purchase quality parts and services for all Holland divisions
- Negotiate prices with suppliers for raw materials, parts, and services.
- Source and develop new suppliers
- Issue purchase orders, track, and expedite delivery.
- Participate in project production meetings from concept to delivery.
- Return non-conforming parts and parts needing repair to suppliers
- Utilize quality system to support supplier quality.
- Fully utilize IFS to create reports needed to support purchasing functions.
- Maintain excellent communications with internal customers and suppliers
- Other duties as assigned
- Standing, walking, bending, and sitting for extended periods are required to perform basic office functions.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds is regularly required for photocopying, filing and other record keeping duties.
- Vision must be sufficient for inputting data into a computer.
- Keyboarding skills that reduce the risk of carpal tunnel and other office-related injuries.
- Willingness to wear PPE (hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots) as needed
- Some travel may be required including ground and air travel
- General office environment
- Open cubicle arrangement
- College degree
- Three to five years purchasing experience related to mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical equipment components preferred
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Strong problem solving skills
- Action oriented
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs, strong Excel skills
- Ability to work in team environment
- Pass a mandatory pre-employment drug screen, background check, and have a current valid drivers license
Wage Type: Salaried Non Exempt
Holland LP - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard