Job is located in Sioux City, IA.
Sabre Towers and Poles, one of the leading communications tower and monopole manufacturers has an immediate opening for a Senior Buyer.
Responsibilities: Qualified individual will be responsible to perform the following duties. Other duties may be assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
- Successfully negotiate purchases of required materials and supplies.
- Utilize an ERP/MRP system to review material requirements and on hand inventory to maintain efficient levels of stock and material coverage for job requirements while optimizing inventory levels.
- Expedite and track purchase orders with suppliers to insure on time deliveries.
- Evaluate and qualify suppliers.
- Establish VMI programs while leveraging purchasing power.
- RFQ commodities on a regular basis.
- Identify, evaluate and recommend potential new opportunities for cost reductions and process improvements.
- Manage rejected materials with suppliers and quality control.
- Maintain total cost of ownership through supplier terms and conditions, including decisions with logistics.
- Work within a team environment to coordinate projects/materials between departments.
- Gain thorough knowledge of commodities within a given timeframe.
Successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Business or related field along with 5+ years recent purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably within the steel industry. Candidate must possess strong and effective negotiation skills, and have the ability to build relationships with suppliers. Must have excellent professional written and verbal communications skills, possess the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with strong attention to detail, and contribute to the success of the team. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and Outlook is required. Experience using an ERP/MRP system, specifically Epicor is a plus!
We offer competitive compensation, outstanding benefits and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
For confidential consideration, please apply online at www.SabreIndustries.com/careers.
Applications will be accepted through April 19, 2013
Post Offer Physical and Drug Testing Required
Equal Opportunity Employer
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago
As one of the leading producers of highly engineered products & services for both the electric transmission & wireless...