NOTE: Candidates in Plano, TX and Milford, OH will be considered.
Responsible for the procurement of goods and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as agent for the company in sourcing, evaluating and obtaining goods and services as outlined in the requirements provided.
- Ensure all approvals, bid requirements and sourcing decisions are consistent with company policy and procedures and objective selection criteria.
- Ensures purchases remain within schedule and budget.
- Operates under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent judgment.
- Knowledge of various types of agreements from standard terms and conditions, service agreement to software, hardware and maintenance agreements and the ability to manage the documentation required to support the selected strategy
- Able to work within a Global project team environment for a large Global company
- Work experience with an internal customer base that is global and highly decentralized
- Advanced computer skills, including the use of Windows, and Microsoft Office
- Advanced verbal communication skills that includes the ability to negotiate and influence successfully
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior management, supervisors, vendors, cross-functional partners and employees
- Ability to prepare complex written reports and other documents
- Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions
- Negotiation experience with various types of master agreements for services, hardware, and software licenses
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or related field
- 5+ years related experience preferably in the software industry
- Opportunity to travel 5%
Compensation and Benefits
- SAP ERP experience is preferred
- Purchasing certification preferred from the Institute of Supply Chain Management ( ISM)
Siemens provides a flexible benefit program that is carefully designed to support your health, your financial security and your work-life balance. The variety of benefits and amenities available, in addition to pay, provides you a total package.
About Siemens PLM Software
Siemens PLM Software is a global leader in the growing field of product lifecycle management ( PLM) software and services. Today, Siemens PLM Software products manage or create more than 40 percent of the world's 3D data.
We are a team, collaborating with clients to transform their innovation processes and fully leverage PLM. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business and our clients can achieve full potential. For more information please visit Siemens PLM Software on the Web.
Siemens PLM Software is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Siemens PLM Software does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiting agencies.
Siemens PLM Software - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard