POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the design and preparation of site plans, architectural, structural, and utility plans for Menard commercial warehouse and office buildings. The Senior CAD operator will be required to establish and maintain project schedules and meet deadlines for multiple drafting projects. The Senior CAD Operator will oversea all CAD Operators in the Menard Distribution Center Planning and Construction department and stay up to date on their progress.
- Design and preparation of facilities layouts including:
- Organization and preparation of construction CAD drawings for distribution, warehouse and manufacturing buildings, office layouts, site development, grading plans, and utilities
- Material Handling Systems including: conveyor, pallet rack storage systems, machinery & equipment layouts
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Oversee all CAD Operators
- Stay up-to-date on all issues, updates, and progress of all projects.
- Maintain CAD drafting project schedules
- Associate degree in Civil, Structural or Architectural Drafting or related field
- Work experience using AutoCAD is preferred
- Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering or Architecture is preferred
- Must be self-motivated and energetic
- Able to work in a team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally & written
- Construction experience is a plus
Menard, Inc - 20 months ago
Well-known as the place to "Save Big Money," Menards is a family-owned home improvement retailer with 252 hometown hardware stores...