has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a highly motivated, detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Dallas, TX staff as a
Senior CAD Technician (Transportation)
. In this role you will have the opportunity to perform CAD design to support ATKINS’ Transportation division on a major Dallas freeway reconstruction project.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Uses CAD system to enter the required data, such as precise measurements and commands, in order to generate construction drawings, renderings, report graphics or other digital images.
- Develops, organizes and prepares a variety of considerably complex layouts, drawings and designs from written or verbal specifications, or from rough or detailed sketches and/or drawings made by technical professionals, converting paper documents into computerized files.
- Develops and maintains standards and symbols to meet specialized needs of a particular project or to facilitate or improve CAD utilization. Writes procedures and distributes these to other CAD users inside and outside own department.
- Produces various design options on the screen or on hard copy, following technical professionals' verbal instructions or ideas to assist in resolving a design concept not yet completely defined.
- Uses CAD to redesign, modify or otherwise edit existing design.
- Performs mathematical calculations necessary to complete design tasks.
- Checks final drawing on screen to verify completeness, clarity, and accuracy of drawing.
- Assist in troubleshooting various CAD production technologies, including hardware and software. Provides intermediate training to technical personnel, as well as those interested in acquiring skills and knowledge of various CAD production technologies.
- Performs other such duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A High school diploma (or equivalent) plus ten years of experience OR an Associate’s Degree in a related technical field plus eight years of experience.
- A thorough knowledge of Microstation and AutoCAD is required.
- Experience providing CAD design for transportation projects is preferred.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office software is required (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including technical writing) is required. Analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise are highly desired.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Faithful+Gould - 14 months ago