Senior CAD Technician
A Seattle based MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) engineering and sustainability consulting firm is seeking a dynamic, self-driven Senior CAD Technician to join our CAD Department. Our firm is founded on the principles that a multi-disciplinary approach is critical in evaluating building performance from a whole-building perspective.
This individual will be part of an integrated team performing CAD services. We are looking for candidates who have hands on MEP industry experience who can provide technical CAD and BIM production services using AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP and Navisworks. The qualified candidate will be a team member who can function independently, collaborate on a team level, manage multiple assignments, and contribute to the growth of the company.
· Work with CAD and BIM files in AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
· Create AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP (and possibly other applications) content for client projects under the direction of CAD Manager.
· Work closely with engineers, contractors and subcontractors to provide project coordination
· Produce CAD and BIM construction documents.
· 3-10 years of CAD experience in Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing disciplines required.
· Strong CAD experience drafting Residential, Commercial, Institutional, and Industrial buildings required.
· Good numeracy and computer skills.
· Good communication skills.
· Knowledge of MEP design and equipment properties.
· An understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· The ability to work as part of a team.
· The ability to meet deadlines.
· Sound knowledge of engineering design principles and MEP production.
· Experience with duct systems, electrical, plumbing, and piping layouts and designs.
· Software skills including Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks, and Microsoft Office.
· Knowledge of enterprise level project workflows and collaboration with other team consultants.
· Must exhibit good interpersonal skills and diplomacy.
· Professional presence, dress and demeanor.