Responsible for the calibration of Measurement and Test Equipment used in the manufacture of medical devices. The Calibration Specialist is also responsible for aiding in process improvements.
- Maintains the calibration database by inputting all relevant data for all calibrated Measurement and Test Equipment.
- Conduct Measurement and Test Equipmentcalibrations in accordance with the calibration assessment form and the applicable procedure and ensure calibration records are up to date.
- Coordinate the activity of all external calibrated Measurement and Test Equipment to ensure they are calibration in accordance with the equipment calibration assessment form and applicable standards.
- Create and develop test methods to calibrate new and existence Measurement and Test Equipment.
- Coordinate the review of any Measurement and Test Equipment nonconformance.
- Coordinate the purchase on new Measurement and Test Equipment needed to support daily operations.
- Resolves calibration department issues with assistance from supervisor as needed
- The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities. Other activities may be assigned as required by management.
- Familiar with QSR/ISO regulations and/or proven ability to work in a regulated environment according to written procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to work independently, be able to prioritize numerous duties, have excellent interpersonal skills, and have good organization skills.
- Proven ability to use MS Word, Excel, and databases in order to facilitate a satisfactory documentation program.
- Two year degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years related experience in calibration or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.