Business Development/Capture Manager (Job Number: 318138)
The Integrated Systems Group of SAIC is seeking a Business Development/Capture Manager for the Processing, Exploitation and Dissemination Operation in Aberdeen, MD.
- **This position requires a current TS/SCI clearance.***
The Operation has a primary market focus in the Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) markets as well as Command and Control (C2), targeting and global strike. Key customers include the Army, Navy, Air Force, and the Intelligence Community. This position is specifically focused on the identification and capturing of US Army business, but the successful candidate may lead other captures as well. The candidate is expected to exercise sound judgment and integrity within broadly defined practices and policies; regularly interact with all levels of management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and display a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Will be responsible for all aspects of capture management of new business opportunities, help to identify new opportunities, and support the proposal process.
- Will perform channel management of Operation products into the Army and other customers as well as work with the corporate account managers to align with corporate strategy.
- Will support overall strategic planning and linking pursuits/capture activities which support the quarterly business development metrics for awards, submits and pipeline. Specific capture activities for which they will be responsible for coordinating include technical approach, teaming, competitive intelligence, pricing, and overall win strategy.
- Will need to work closely with our Army customer in order to match our solutions with the customer’s needs.
- Will brief capture status to senior management at specified milestones in the capture process.
- An active Top Secret security clearance with SCI access.
- Bachelors degree (or 4 years of related experience) and 10 years in a business development/program management capacity.
- Large capture and market experience and access to key government customers and industry partners.
- Three plus years of leading a business development and marketing team in government environments.
- Proven experience in developing, capturing and growing new business in an organization with diverse programs.
- Specific success in leading successful captures over $250M as well as marketing new business and client areas to attain new opportunities and win competitive procurements is critical.
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, in order to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and the ability to establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the BU and across SAIC.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- A diverse background in developing new business within the US Army.
- Extensive experience with IT development and technical services programs involving systems engineering/systems integration, web development, managed services, and cyber security.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy and the environment, critical infrastructure, and health. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of $11.1 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2011. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 12, 2013, 9:17:06 AM
Primary Location: United States-MD-ABER PROV GRD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
SAIC - 20 months ago
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...