In conjunction with the Career Services staff, the Senior Career Advisor is responsible for providing Career Services to over 4,000 undergraduate and graduate students in addition to alumni from a variety of art, design and business majors.
- Provides one-on-one career advising to students from a variety of art, design and business programs. Advising topics include portfolio presentation, interview skills, resume and cover letter writing, and developing a job search strategy.
- As directed by the Assistant Director, assists with development and implementation of internship program initiatives including policy review and creation, best practices guides, Parsons-wide internship workshops, and internship related technology
- Executes the twice-annual internship fair. Trains staff and faculty on internship technology. Oversees internship coordinator’s work in organization and collection of data such as contracts and grade evaluations. Participates as an active member of the internship committee.
- Supports the Assistant Director with writing an annual internship report.
- Organizes and leads workshops on various career development topics including, but not limited to job search fundamentals for artists, designers and business professionals, resume and cover letter writing, and professionalism.
- Supports graduate programs with programming and resources specific to this population’s needs.
- Plans career fairs, alumni and industry panel discussions and other events as assigned; assists with special projects and programming as directed.
- Develops and executes social media initiatives under the guidance of the Assistant Director.
- Develops content for Career Services publications including, but not limited to career resource handouts, promotional materials and website.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong understanding of computer applications. Must demonstrate proficiency in Word and Excel.
- Strong knowledge of art and design professions and industry trends is essential.
- Must have ability to reach out to industry and develop new employer contacts both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills a must.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience with event planning such as conferences, panel discussions, and workshops.
- Good organization skills and ability to multi-task.
- Strong people skills, good judgment, and flexibility.
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
- Experience working in career counseling, academia within an arts institution, and/or creative recruiting for art and design industry a plus.
- Experience as professional artist or designer is a plus.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at:
The New School, as well as its individual academic divisions, is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status.
UniversityJobs.com - 9 months ago
At Art.com, we offer the world’s largest selection of art and décor items for homes and businesses, as well as professional cus...