The Director of Career Development reports to the Assistant Dean of Student Services and is responsible for staff leadership, program management, development of employment opportunities, and office metrics. This position will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic plan to position F&ES students and alumni as a premier source of environmental experts for the industry and assist in advancing the mission of the school. |
Department URL Address:
Click here for more information
1. Counsels and advises students and alumni on all aspects of preparation for and pursuit of professional opportunities and roles.
2. Develops and maintains contacts with graduates to facilitate mentoring, programs, and career assistance.
3. Creates and presents programs, workshops and panels on the job search process to educate and encourage alumni and students in the pursuit of professional roles.
4. Establishes and maintains contacts with regional, national, and international employers to assess job opportunities for alumni and students, and to foster professional development opportunities.
5. Researches and writes professional on-line and print publications, resource guides and reports.
6. Reviews and implements technology to enhance programs, counseling, outreach and collection/retention of information.
7. Collaborates with faculty, departments, committees and centers to promote professional opportunities and programs.
8. Collaborates with other departments within Yale University to expand counseling, programming and resources for students and alumni.
9. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and five years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills, including a strong commitment to student success. Outstanding writing, counseling and public speaking skills.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated knowledge of major career assessment tools.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Demonstrated progressive experience in higher education.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Demonstrated ability developing and maintaining employer relationships.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Expertise in all aspects of career management including interviewing techniques, resume development, and career development theory and practice.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Master's Degree. Familiarity with hiring trends, work settings, graduate life, career counseling, and patterns of higher education. Experience working in higher education career counseling, especially with graduate students. Work exp. outside higher education sector. Some exp. in working with international initiatives. Exp. in working with alumni, donors, and other institutional affiliates.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 10 months ago
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...