Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
The Senior Change Management Consultant is responsible for using best practices to lead and oversee change management processes and internal consulting. Assesses current and future change management needs, develops appropriate strategies, and translates those strategies into actionable, realistic project plans that support major systems implementations as well as other types of changes (organizational changes, process changes, etc.). Has a broad scope of influence over all parts of the enterprise through the problem solving of critical and complex change-related issues. Provides support to senior leaders and strategic projects across the enterprise (corporate, field/stores and distribution centers). Partners with Project Management Office, Corporate Communications, Learning team and HR Business Partners to execute processes and to address change management needs and concerns.
Change Management Program and Process Owner
• Develops and maintains the PetSmart-specific process approach to large-scale change. This includes process work, continued development of supporting tools, and training the organization on the process and tools.
• Supports development, communication and training around the emotional side of change using the Bridges Transitions model.
• Monitors performance of implemented solutions via quality assurance review and continuously improves implementation capability. Ensures proper remediation is taking place for all change when required.
• Coordinates all Change efforts across the enterprise. Provides high-level monitoring and status reporting for all projects. Influences project assignments for change roles on projects.
Change Management Consultant
• Act as a change management consultant for large-scale enterprise projects using the PetSmart change management process.
• Functions as part of the Project Leadership Team for major systems initiatives.
• Conducts stakeholder readiness assessments, evaluates results, identifies resistance and performance gaps and works to develop and implement interventions.
• Supports other team members as they develop and execute communication and training plans.
• Coordinates Change efforts within projects - coordinating team members from the PMO, HR, Corporate Communications and Learning teams.
• Uses analytics, surveys, statistics, metrics and trends to evaluate the effectiveness of programs and sustain the momentum around change efforts.
Change Management Capacity Management and Influencer
• Leads the annual change management demand forecasting process levering off the VP Connect Capacity Calibration and HR Calibration processes. Updates forecasted demands quarterly to ensure organizational capacity and readiness to support demand.
• Facilitates and negotiates with Sr. Leaders to ensure understanding of change strategy and ensure proper delivery. Provides subject matter expertise and influence that may alter project direction.
• Mentors less experienced team members to assist in their training and development.
• Ensures understanding and adoption of common methodology and standards related to change management, communication processes or process improvements.
• As needed, supports additional organizational development, talent management and leadership projects.
Education & Experience:
• Position reports to the Director of Leadership Development.
• Bachelors or Masters degree with 8+ years strategic change management experience.
• Expert knowledge of change management discipline (process work and emotional support) and practical experience applying the knowledge.
• Advanced oral, written and facilitation communication skills. Executive Level presentations and briefing experience.
• Experience in leading large-scale systems change projects in a Fortune 500 or consulting company.
• Experience and comfort in influencing Senior Leaders to align them around change.
Submit Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...