Prepares and supervises the preparation of design calculations and reports; oversees preparation of drawings for projects and assignments of varying complexity and scope in accordance with standards (i.e., DOT) and department procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Development and execution of overall business plan objectives within the Civil/Site group and local office;
- Works with marketing and business development staff to ensure the procurement of work for the Civil/Site group is consistent with the goals and objectives for the group and the Company;
- Supervises and manages projects and client relationships;
- Reviews design calculations and reports prepared by project engineer and/or junior engineer;
- Reviews project drawings for compliance with applicable codes and department standards;
- Assures the timely delivery of quality work products and services;
- Supervises the development of design concepts and reports;
- Prepare design calculations and reports for large site/civil projects;
- Ability to perform calculations utilizing various site and civil engineering software packages;
- Leads and/or participates in in-depth study projects;
- Presents and/or assists at public presentations on technical/design issues;
- Evaluates and assures the group’s experience and competency in technical areas and project management functions;
- Develops, executes and monitors training and personal development plans for assigned employees and is responsible for the success of these employees within the organization;
- Provides mentoring assistance;
- Coordinates activities with other group managers; and
- Provides guidance and technical contributions regarding project design and details.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required. Master’s degree preferred. Must have at least 10 years experience in site/civil engineering and municipal water/wastewater. Must have professional licensure in New York. Licensure in multiple states preferred. Candidate must demonstrate effective leadership and project management experience, as well as the ability to prepare comprehensive engineering reports. Experience with SEQRA preparation preferred. Must process excellent technical skills. Excellent references required.
T.Y. Lin International - 24 months ago
T.Y. Lin International Group is a global, multi-disciplinary engineering services firm recognized for solving some of the most significant...