COMPANY: Alternative Energy Development, Corp. (AED)
COMPANY PROFILE: AED is the construction unit of WTEC (an engineering, manufacturing, procurement and field installation Company dedicated to the solar and wind farm energy market). AED’s services include underground cable installation, installation of switchgears, transformers, inverters, optic communication systems, solar racks, solar mounting posts, and foundation ground grids.
COMPANY WEBSITE: http://www.aed.us.com/
POSITION: Senior Civil Engineer
POSITION DURATION: Permanent Full Time
POSITION LOCATION: Tampa, Florida 33607
SUMMARY: This position involves performing civil engineering for a fast paced Company, that designs and engineers total turn-key solar, wind and renewable energy projects. This is an excellent technical leadership position for a proficient structural engineering to influence production of engineering design for a national client base in an internationally recognized global firm in a field designated for expansion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support engineering, construction and estimating in the following project bidding aspects.
- Define soils testing and boring location.
- Interpret Geo-technical report and project imports.
- Design foundations, supports, roads etc. to the projects.
- Prepare or supervise preparation of environmental reports, site cut and fill, site run-off, etc.
- Prepare studies for micro-hydro sites.
- Design micro-hydro head end, water diversion, and piping systems.
COMPENSATION: We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Plan, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and Education/Certification assistance.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil or related Engineering field from accredited university
- PE in at least one state with NCEES testing or accreditation
- Extensive knowledge of Design Codes & Standards, and other governing standards
- Ability to work out of the Tampa office, with some paid travel
- 7-10 years related experience
- Highly proficient in reading and interpreting all design, development and construction documents, specifications, and bids, and recommending necessary changes or additions
Alternative Energy Development is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds.
No recruiters or agencies please.