Engineers - Civil
has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Globally, Atkins is the largest UK-based engineering and design consultancy and one of the world's largest design firms with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
, we offer our employees more than just a job; we offer an opportunity to shape the world for generations to come through innovative and sound design. As the official engineer of the 2012 London Olympics, few companies can rival the size and diversity of our projects. Whether it’s the concept for a new skyscraper, the upgrade of a rail network, the modeling of a flood defense system or the improvement of a management process, we plan, design and enable solutions.
seeks a detail-oriented, self-starter to join our Orlando, FL staff as a
Senior Civil Site Engineer
. In this role you will perform civil site engineering on large, complex sites. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, and have experience with large site design and a working knowledge of Civil 3D, StormCAD and ICPR.
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- Plans, schedules and conducts or coordinates construction services on projects of moderate scope.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- A minimum of four years of experience is required.
- A Professional Engineer’s license in the State of Florida is preferred.
- Experience interacting and building client relationships is required. Experience in the Florida market is preferred.
- Experience working on large, complex site design projects is required, as is experience with permitting.
- A working knowledge of Civil 3D, StormCAD, and ICPR.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software is required (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written, including technical writing) is required. Analytical ability; proactive attitude; ability to innovate and improvise are highly desired.
offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Faithful+Gould - 16 months ago