The Senior Claim Representative will manage a variety of liability claims ranging in degree of complexity and severity. The claims mix under assignment will run from auto and general liability to employment practices liability, public officials and law enforcement liability. Initial assignments will require performing in-depth investigations to reach a decision point on assessing liability. Demonstrate the ability to work with defense counsel, setting litigation plans and budgets. The role will also require identifying coverage issues and taking appropriate action such as denying coverage or managing under a reservation of rights.
- Complete comprehensive investigations, conduct interviews with our member insured’s, secure case facts from claimants or their attorneys, take witness statements and clarify issues/allegations to reach a decision as to liability.
- Manage the litigation process with defense counsel. Set a litigation plan and budget designed to defend and resolve claims to optimal outcomes.
- Set a value and seek a timely settlement when the facts of the case warrant.
- Attend mediations, arbitrations, settlement conferences and trials when needed.
- Set accurate and timely reserves compatible with our most probable exposure.
- Prepare detailed case reports for presentation at internal meetings with senior management or the member/insured’s.
- Readily indentify coverage issues, bring to the manager’s attention and develop future action steps (denial/ROR) to manage to conclusion.
- Evaluate pertinent state and federal laws relevant to civil litigation such as civil rights, LAD, CEPA etc.