Great American Insurance Group’s roots go back to 1872 with the founding of its flagship company, Great American Insurance Company. Based in Cincinnati, Ohio, the operations of Great American Insurance Group are engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance, focusing on specialty commercial products for businesses, and in the sale of annuities and supplemental insurance products. The members of the Great American Insurance Group are subsidiaries of American Financial Group, Inc. (AFG), also based in Cincinnati, Ohio. AFG’s common stock is listed and traded on the New York Stock Exchange (“NYSE”) and NASDAQ under the symbol “AFG”.
Great American's Trucking Division offers a nationwide program that specializes in insuring the unique exposure of the For Hire Trucker. This progressive program focuses on the owner operator and small fleet markets. We're proud to serve the long haul trucking industry with insurance products and services dedicated to the success of the Owner-Operator.
Great American's Trucking Division is currently searching for a Senior Claim Representative who will be responsible for handling occupational accident claims.
- Investigates and maintains trucking claims. Reviews and evaluates coverage and/or liability. Secures necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and may attend arbitrations, mediations or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures compliance of claims handling pursuant to all state, legal, statutory and regulatory bodies to comply with all company procedures and requirements.
- Documents and maintains all systems and manual records necessary for proper claim handling.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of claim adjusting experience, including medical management, injury evaluation, or equivalent work experience. Consideration may be given to candidates with less experience. Job level will commensurate with years of experience and skill set.
- Personal injury (PIP), med pay or workers’ compensation experience a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills are essential.
- Works within specific limits and authority on assignments of moderate technical complexity.
- Performs work under minimal to moderate supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be detailed and organized in their work.
- Continued professional development is a requirement of this position, including work toward the AIC (Associates in Claims) designation if candidate does not already hold the designation.
Great American Insurance Group - 19 months ago
Great American Insurance Group is engaged primarily in property and casualty insurance ("P&C"), focusing on specialized...