Senior Claims Examiner
Nautilus Insurance Group, LLC is a member of the W.R. Berkley Corporation, a Fortune 500 Company. We specialize in providing excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance coverage and offer a dynamic, professional work environment.
We currently have an exceptional opportunity available for a Senior Claims Examiner . The Senior Claims Examiner’s primary function is to handle commercial general liability losses in a paperless environment. Explore a career with Nautilus by joining our team as a Senior Claims Examiner .
Responsibilities of a Senior Claims Examiner include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and setting up new loss assignments.
- Establishing appropriate initial loss and expense reserves and continually evaluating the file for adequacy, accuracy and adherence to reserving guidelines.
- Analyzing and interpreting policy language in conjunction with specific loss facts to reach appropriate coverage decisions.
- Drafting frequent and complex coverage correspondence, including reservations of rights and coverage disclaimers in compliance with state statutes and regulations.
- Composing various other correspondence to insureds, claimants, attorneys, agents and regulatory agencies.
- Proactively managing claim files from inception to closure, including coverage analysis, liability and damages investigation, evaluation and resolution.
- Appropriately and clearly documenting all claim file activity, including current strategy, plan of action and exit plan.
- Directing and controlling the activities and costs of outside vendors including independent adjusters, experts and attorneys.
- Effectively presenting and discussing loss facts, issues and recommendations in roundtable discussions.
- Composing Large Loss Reports and other detailed reporting documents as appropriate on a regular and timely basis.
- Obtaining required state adjuster licenses and maintaining them as required.
- Serving as a technical resource within the Department.
- Participating in projects and initiatives lead by other departments and/or W.R. Berkley companies, including audits, workshops, focus groups, task forces, etc.
- Attending internal and external seminars and training events.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in an insurance-related field.
- CPCU, AIC, AEI or other insurance-related classes (preferred).
- A background in Excess and Surplus lines (helpful).
At Nautilus, we foster an environment of accountability, teamwork and integrity. Our motivated employees have built an impeccable reputation for our firm serving the Excess and Surplus Lines industry. Nautilus Insurance offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical insurance, dental, life/AD&D, both short- and long-term disability insurance and a 401(k)/Profit Sharing plan. Nautilus promotes a healthy lifestyle for our employees by providing an onsite fitness facility and a variety of wellness programs.
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes along with salary requirements, directly to nautilusHR@nautilus-ins.com.
Nautilus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Nautilus Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you meet the position qualifications and would like to submit your resume, please mail, fax, or e-mail your resume to:
Nautilus Insurance Company
7233 E. Butherus Dr.
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (480) 281-0930