As a Senior Clinical Healthcare Consultant you will work in a variety of settings and are responsible for providing clinical direction to improve operations and performance of health systems. Arcadia is looking for individuals with a variety of experiences who are passionate about the need for change in today’s dynamic healthcare environment. This position requires thorough understanding of the clinical, business, and quality requirements to promote successful integration of Health IT to improve clinical care.
- Provide clinical subject matter expertise to internal and client projects.
- Facilitate groups of physicians, senior management, and practice staff in their efforts to incorporate HIT technology into their day to day activities by translating clinical objectives into functional processes.
- Provide clinical subject matter expertise as means of an interface between electronic technologies and data analysis.
- Facilitate clinical effectiveness, patient safety, and translate critical clinical workflows into health information technology applications.
- Assist in the interpretation and application of industry wide standards such as Meaningful Use, PQRS, HEDIS, PCMH, etc.
- Advise on tools, methods and criteria for monitoring care delivery processes and outcomes and evaluating effectiveness of change.
- Design effective and efficient workflow processes that support clinical excellence and cost effectiveness.
- Maintain knowledge of current professional and industry trends and practices through participation in relevant professional/industry organizations and attendance at conferences and other continuing education programs.
- Manage large complex projects and 8+ person teams.
- Demonstrate compliance with internal procedures, processes, and values.
- Drives the approach, planning and execution of project solutions.
- Meet project objectives in a timely basis.
- Develop internal staff through coaching and mentoring.
- Maintain project budgets and margins, account for accurate and timely completion of project milestones.
- Identify client issues and develop proposals to provide effective solutions.
- Identify additional opportunities within an account.
- Close business in new accounts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 4 years in a clinical role in a direct patient care setting (Registered Nurse, Nurse Practitioner, and Physician Assistant); Active licensure required; management experience or quality management experience desired.
- Consulting experience in the healthcare industry or related field preferred.
- Electronic Health Record, Practice Management and or healthcare technology application experience desirable.
- Ability to interact and work with physicians, nurses and all levels of management and staff.
- Must have an understanding of the IT industry terms and connectivity but not required to be technical.
- Excellent communication skills, documentation skills and the ability to work both independently and with groups required.
- Experience presenting to senior level management (senior physicians and board directors) or similar experience.
- Experience managing a large team and a large complex work stream or large project.
- Experience selling and closing new opportunities.
- Position may require up to 75% travel.
- A valid driver’s license and motor vehicle are required.
- Proficient in MS Office 2010.
About our company:
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant clinical degree required.
Arcadia Solutions is a healthcare technology consulting company based in Burlington, MA. The company is a recognized leader with healthcare providers and payers to maximize the return from their technology investments. Arcadia’s top-tier customer base includes several of the nation’s most innovative health insurers, ambulatory and inpatient healthcare providers, and Fortune 500 companies. The company is a fun place to work with a strong team environment. There is a comprehensive suite of benefits including health insurance, 401k matching and a profit-sharing bonus program for all employees. Employees also receive four weeks paid time off per year in addition to company holidays. Visit www.arcadiasolutions.com to learn more about us.