Altarum Institute is seeking an accomplished, board certified, Health Information Technology (HIT) professional to join our Information & Technology Strategies practice (ITS) in support of a proposed Military Health Systems (MHS), Interagency Program Office (IPO), and Veterans Affairs (VA) project in our Alexandria, VA office. The Senior Clinical Informatics Consultant will support a broad range of analytic, technical, research and consulting activities across multiple offices and clients. The Informatics Consultant will work directly with senior-level and Physician leadership at the client site to evaluate client programs and develop strategic recommendations relating to improvements in business processes, IT infrastructure, human capital planning, and delivery of other core team capabilities to clients in the federal health space.
The ITS Practice Area develops and promotes best practices in the application of information technology to health and healthcare. Applying systems research principles and analytical objectivity, our staff are sought for their leadership to increase access to health information, improve the organization and usability of health information and develop new knowledge from health information. Through the contributions of the 7 program areas within ITS, we aim to demonstrate that the efficiency and effectiveness of our nation’s health system can be significantly improved through better leveraging health information. These program areas include: Emergency Preparedness, Architecture & Governance, Public Health Systems & Information Exchange, Program Evaluation, Clinical Adoption & Decision Support, Cognitive Engineering & Usability and Portfolio Management.
The primary focus of this position is to support the overall development of Strategic Operations Planning Process, informatics, and electronic health record requirements and adoption.
• Activities include developing market and service area based strategic and implementation plans that result in substantive collaborative efforts among the DoD, VA, and IPO and impact the effectiveness and efficiency of health care delivery.
• Primary responsibility for planning optimization activities, writing reports of results and recommendations of consultations, implementing projects, and tracking results.
• Perform analysis and problem-solving, remain flexible to project changes, deal with difficult situations, work independently at client sites, or manage and lead small teams, as needed.
• Participate in the delivery of complex change programs that enhance the client's business and serve as a primary thought leader in the development of business solutions.
• Provide project management for client engagements and work streams and conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses in support of the development and delivery of strategic planning, performance management, or program evaluation solutions that enhance the client's business.
• Interact with all levels of client staff, including senior-level decision makers and executives and participate in a collaborative team environment in dynamic client project settings.
- Board Certified, MD required.
- 12+ years experience in the healthcare field.
- Experience with translating information and developing client-relevant insights
- Knowledge of the MHS/VA’s data support systems desirable.
- Integrated health delivery system management background desirable.
- Ability to facilitate groups in defining clear objectives and implementation plans to support defined strategies and fulfill the mission of the DoD/VA and IPO.
- Ability to work in healthcare and other civil and defense markets, as needed.
- Motivated, hardworking and compassionate servant leader philosophy.
- Track record of creativity, health IT innovation, collaborative problem solving, conflict resolution, navigation of complex analyses and competitive environments.
- Insightful and enthusiastic about IT-enabled health system change.
- Must be able to receive a U.S. Security Clearance (sole U.S. citizenship required).
Altarum Institute integrates objective research and client-centered consulting skills to deliver comprehensive, systems-based solutions that improve health and health care. A nonprofit, Altarum Institute serves clients in the public and private sectors.
Altarum's dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal commitment, and teamwork. In addition to the meaningful and challenging work, Altarum offers an outstanding benefits program that includes paid time off, tuition reimbursement, 401k (5% employer contribution), a flexible work environment, and much more. We invite you to explore exciting and rewarding career opportunities with us.
Altarum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
Altarum Institute - 20 months ago
Altarum Institute is a nonprofit health systems research and consulting organization. Altarum integrates independent research and...