DDN does NOT accept resumes or calls from recruitment agencies; thank you for your cooperation.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is the world leader in massively scalable storage. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and professional services that enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security & intelligence organizations.
Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise.
We are currently seeking a Senior Cloud Architect
At DDN we're growing and investing in our PS organization to transition to a solutions-based, services led engagement model with the end goal to become a Big Data Consulting practice, solve our customers' big data problems. In this position you will provide advanced technical and/or business consultative services during the pre-sales and/or post-sales cycle, supporting our Strategic Account Sales teams and SE's to position and sell Value Add Consulting services specifically targeting customers who have the intent to move to private, hybrid or Public Cloud Storage Environments.
By applying DDN and Storage Industry related technical acumen, relationship development, and consultative selling you will help co-facilitate our transition to a solutions-based Big Data Consulting practice.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
Qualifications for this role are:
- Lead PS Architect at Key sales accounts specifically around DDN Cloud with out WOS platform to help position, sell and deliver strategic services
- Lead consultant for strategic initiatives like Cloud and WOS – formalize customer offerings, lead evangelist breaking open new accounts and delivering value based/architecture/roadmap services
- Facilitate the growth of the organization overall by leading by example, incubate, leading first ascends, mentor other consultants.
- Provide technical leadership and direction for customers and internal staff in the development of technical solutions and help turns PS PO's turn into revenue and profit
- Be the trusted advisor for customers and internal PS resources.
- Ensure architectural integrity across solutions, BU's, support, PS and delivery oversight of onsite teams (3rd party and DDN badged) and ensure QA
- R&D liaison, injecting PS requirements but also have a say in roadmap and architectural discussions, close collaboration with DDN CTO office
- Responsibility driving delivery revenue and utilization target.
- Proficient in Virtualization technologies and all aspects of a cloud environment, like compute, storage, interconnect and performance requirements, virtualization, multi tenancy, security and privacy requirements, financial modeling shifting from capital outlay toward cloud model of a simple monthly fee, business process integration, IT Governance and Service Provider Models.
- Thorough understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) S3.
- Total cost of (non) Ownership modeling of premise based versus cloud based solutions.
- Prior cloud experience in utility based computing or ASP’s
- Possess a strong technical background with hands-on experience in some/all of the following areas/products: service automation and orchestration, virtualization, cloud IaaS
- Develops strategies, policies and best practices for the customer.
- Develops and cultivates strong customer relationships
- Provides technical leadership during the implementation of an engagement.
- Is a lead technical expert in the pre-sales qualification and is responsible for the delivery of the technical architectural design, strategies and plans that will be delivered in the engagement.
- Responsible for the creation of proposals that address current and evolving client requirements.
- Develops and articulates solutions based on a customer's strategic business or technical requirements.
- Leads project quality assurance activities, including performing technical QA reviews on components for a team
- May supervise staff on project engagements.
- Assists with accounts US but potentially globally.
DDN has a strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Proven track record of cloud design and implementations, through Cloud Delivery and Design workshops or roadmap services.
- 10+ years plus experience required acting in a Chief Technologist / Principal or Distinguished Engineer capacity in a Professional Services Organization within a Storage/Systems HW/solution vendor company.
- Preferred: Strong understanding of big data technologies in the cloud; Hadoop, MapReduce and/or HBase.
- Leadership skills.
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Flexible and ability to remain composed in hectic environments
- Ability to work independently.
Self Starter – A pro-active orientation and the ability to operate independently to achieve goals.
Success/Achievement Orientation – Ability to thrive in the face of adversity, drive to overcome all obstacles to reach goals.
Leveraging Relationships – Orientation to leverage all relationships (internally and externally) to maximize personal and DDN successes.
Problem Solving – Ability to understand a situation and to identify the best route to satisfy all concerned parties and enhance DDN’s brand.
DDN takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, DDN welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
Thank you for your interest in joining DDN!
Please read only if you need application assistance:
If you are having problems applying online or need assistance with applying for a position or have general questions, please contact Human Resources via email at EmploymentApplicationHelp@ddn.com.
This email is specifically designated for people who are having difficulty applying for a specific position via our website at www.ddn.com/careers. All candidates MUST apply via our website and to a specific open position to be considered for a position; we do not accept resumes at this email or in any other submission format.
If you are having a problem applying to a role online, please state this in your email and someone will be in touch with you within 36 business hours.
Thank you so much and have a great day!
The Recruitment Team at DDN
DataDirect Networks, Inc. - 8 months ago
DataDirect Networks is the world's leading provider of networked storage and clusters for HPC and Rich Media. Providing SAN, SAN/NAS converg...