As an integral member of the Information Solutions and Services team, the Senior Cloud Services Developer will be responsible for enhancing, implementing, integrating and sustaining multiple applications used by RMS Teams located in multiple countries. This position is part of the Application and Architecture group and interfaces with Business Process managers and Service Managers.
Key Responsibilities include:
Technical Skills Required:
- Implementing new solutions and developing and sustaining modules to enhance existing applications using cloud and multi-tier infrastructure.
- Implementing application integrations and maintaining existing application features.
- Proactively monitor Cloud platforms and services to ensure optimal performance and high availability. Troubleshoot and resolve platform performance problems and malfunctions.
- Work with business and application users to define and design robust and user centric application solutions
- Maintaining data flow documentation and integration check points for each of the core systems
Business Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years of application development using enterprise platforms and cloud infrastructure.
- 5+ years of Enterprise RDBMS like SQL Server / Oracle is a must.
- Web and Cloud based development experience is a must.
- Experience with HTML 5, .NET or Java, XML and Windows platform is a must.
- Experience in Salesforce applications development using APEX and Visual Force Pages is required.
- Must be willing to embrace and be able quickly adapt to new technologies and application development methodologies.
- Experience Autonomy Interwoven Content management and digital asset management and Platforms is a plus.
- Experience in developing platforms using PHP, MAC / Linux is a plus.
- Experience with ITIL V3 model is a plus.
- Experience in developing mobile using iOS/Android /Windows Surface applications are a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work closely with ISS Groups and vendors to resolve technical issues.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Must be able to communicate clearly in writing and verbally at all times.
Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today RMS is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world. Based in our Silicon Valley headquarters and with offices throughout North America, Europe, and Asia, our team of more than 950 professionals may be larger than it used to be, but we"re still as ambitious and innovative as ever. Whether quantifying risks due to climate change, simulating how medical breakthroughs could extend life expectancy, delivering supercomputing in the cloud, or transforming an industry with our next generation technology platform, our passion is innovation driven by the courage to tackle problems others reject as unsolvable. At RMS, we believe the result of deeper knowledge is positive change. Our ultimate goal is to create a more sustainable and resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. To find out more, visitwww.rms.com. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- ITIL Certification a plus
- Salesforce Certification a plus