ESS Group, Inc. is seeking a recognized expert in the field of coastal engineering and permitting in its Waltham, MA office to assist ESS in expanding its market share in the areas of coastal resource/process assessment, design, permitting, and compliance. This individual must be a visionary, a self-starter, outgoing, and willing to accept added responsibility to grow both personally and professionally. The position will require both technical and business development responsibilities as follows:
- Work with Business Unit Leader on business development for coastal engineering and permitting project opportunities with private sector clients, municipalities, and state and federal agencies.
- Assist with development and implementation of marketing and sales action plans for coastal services.
- Achieve assigned sales targets through marketing and business development by pursuing and winning projects both independently and in coordination with the Business Unit Leader and other senior ESS staff.
- Effectively work with clients to retain and strengthen client relationships.
- Be accountable to identify and develop coastal and waterfront project opportunities providing assessment, permitting, design, and/or compliance services.
- Actively participate in client development initiatives, develop pricing strategies with the Business Unit Leader and other senior ESS staff, and prepare proposals.
- Assist ESS in furthering entry into the public sector coastal engineering, permitting, and assessment market.
- Promote ESS growth in the New England and Mid-Atlantic marketplaces.
- Contribute to company-wide cross-practice business development plans and seek business opportunities related to all ESS Business Units.
- Complete coastal and waterfront assessment, permitting, design, and restoration projects both individually and by leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- Provide assessments of coastal wave and littoral processes; analysis of coastal hazards; planning, permitting, and engineering of coastal structures, dredging, and marinas; and evaluations of navigational impact potential.
- Complete coastal and estuarine flood hazard mapping and analysis for regional and site-specific projects.
- Strong background in state and federal regulatory permitting (Chapter 91 Waterways, CRMC, CZM, USACE) for coastal projects in MA and RI.
- Familiarity with CEDAS, CHAMP, SMS, ArcGIS, AutoCAD Civil3D, and/or other coastal engineering software.
- Provide project management execution, leadership, and mentoring in project profitability, staff utilization, accounts receivable collection, administrative reporting, and other functions associated with managing projects.
- Provide leadership and mentoring of colleagues.
- Manage subconsultants.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to successfully complete project assignments.
- BS degree in civil, environmental, or water resources engineering or MS degree with concentration in coastal, marine, or ocean engineering/science.
- Licensed PE in MA and/or RI, Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM)
- 10+ years experience of coastal project consulting and project management.
- 5+ years of Business Development experience for engineering consulting services with a proven track record of successful business development and client relationship development.
Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
For more information about ESS Group, Inc. visit www.essgroup.com .
ESS Group, Inc. offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package including a Profit Sharing Program, and a dynamic work environment. ESS Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please include the job title: “Senior Coastal Engineer, WCE” in the subject line and e-mail or mail your resume to:
Human Resources Manager
ESS Group, Inc.
401 Wampanoag Trail, Suite 400
East Providence, RI 02915
In 2002, ESS made a significant commitment to expand the company's engineering capabilities. This has been a real value-added feature for...