Dewberry is currently seeking a Senior Coastal Engineer and/or Scientist to lead Coastal Engineering and Coastal Restoration projects that provide our clients high quality services and support. The Senior Engineer/Scientist will also lead teams and mentor staff in order to accomplish the tasks efficiently. Typical project experience required for this position includes: habitat restoration, erosion control, structural protection, bank stabilization, artificial reefs, water control structures, dune restoration, shoreline protection, marsh creation, sediment diversions, hydrologic diversions and estuarine management. Experience with the following is also beneficial: coastal hazard analyses, hydrodynamic modeling, coastal process analyses, and floodplain mapping. Experience with sea level rise issues and habitat ecosystems are also a plus.
The candidate will participate in coastal habitat and ecosystem restoration projects that protect and restore the environment along the Gulf Coast as well as provide for storm damage reduction. The projects may also improve water quality and restore fisheries.
- Manage all facets of projects and teams from start to finish.
- Develop and manage proposals, budgets, schedules, billings, and contracts.
- The candidate will also do Business Development and maintain strong client relationships.
- Lead or conduct planning, engineering, design, construction, and monitoring of various coastal shoreline restoration, marine structure, and mitigation studies or projects
Required Skills & Required Experience:
- MS degree (with an emphasis in coastal, ocean, or marine engineering or science).
This position may be located in Houston, TX; New Orleans, LA; Gulfport, MS; Mobile, AL; Pensacola, FL; or Tampa, FL.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in:
- coastal, ocean, or marine engineering or science
- managing projects, teams, or supervision of staff
- coastal engineering and science technologies, analyses, models, GIS, and CAD
- Skills demonstrating senior knowledge and application of wind-wave-water level analyses and modeling.
- Skills in the analysis of coastal sediment processes, coastal morphology, and storm-induced erosion.
- Understanding of coastal ecologies, habitats, and the environment.
- Knowledge of riverine hydrology, hydraulics, and flood plain management is a plus.
- Candidate must have exceptional writing and communication skills.
- Some client focus, strategic business development, marketing, and sales skills.
- Knowledge of technical writing and professional writing.
- Ability to conduct presentations at public and client meetings.
At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Dewberry - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard