This corporate office position requires expert knowledge of how to build and administer a corporate collaboration infrastructure that supports 7000 to 10.000 users. Required expertise includes minimum eight years Lotus Notes Domino Server management; minimum three years managing Microsoft Sharepoint Server environments; and minimum 2 years experience with other collaborative tools such as unified messaging, web portals and audio conferencing. Job responsibilities includes team participation in architecting, improving and maintaining collaborative infrastructure that services a globally diverse enterprise across international regions; management of small-to-medium size projects following project management methodology; vendor management; and Tier 3 internal customer support related to collaboration services. The position also requires spirited interaction with IT management, internal users, and globally dispersed business groups to develop collaboration standards and processes based on business requirements. Customer service-oriented attitude is paramount.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Daily server administration and Tier 3 level technical support for collaboration platforms such as Lotus Domino environment (50+ servers) and Microsoft Sharepoint
- Proactive interaction with Service Desk and PC technicians (Tier 1 and 2) for Incident and Problem management
- Training Tier 1and 2 teams on routine support requests; create documentation and FAQs to facilitate first call resolution
- Ability to take technical leadership positions on global teams for solutions e.g. email, instant messaging, mobile devices (Smart phones, tablets etc.), unified messaging,
- Initiates global system administration strategy and resolution of complex global technical problems for the collaboration infrastructure.
- Plans, tests, and certifies changes/upgrades/updates to collaboration systems and software
- Investigates and solves high level system administration issues. Advise regional collaboration administrators for resolution deployment. Influence global collaboration strategy decisions.
- Stays abreast of system administration best practices and makes a business case for incorporating them at our client’s.
- Develops and establishes policies and procedures governing the use and maintenance of the company's collaboration infrastructure
- Maintains/revises existing documentation of environment that must adhere to regulatory requirements (SOX, internal audits).
- Works with Storage Team to manage collaboration platform backup and disaster recovery strategies.
- Provides technical guidance and mentoring for less experienced users
- Manages relationships with major suppliers including negotiation of the vendor licenses and maintenance agreements.
- Establishes standards and guidelines for system administrationSLA’s. AuthorsSLAdocumentation and communicates to internal business customers. Establish data sets and reports to create metrics
- Effective written and oral communication skills including the ability to clearly convey complex technical issues in both technical and business terms and develop technical policy, procedure, and work instruction documentation.
- Able to troubleshoot highly complex technical problems spanning multiple systems and advise others on how to resolve them.
- Able to lead all phases of small to medium size projects according to project management methodology (Microsoft Project server)
- Proven history of global relationship building and working on international teams
- Skilled at leading large meetings and facilitating resolution of complex issues and decisions in a group environment
- Strong understanding of how IT can support the business model and address the key challenges of each company function
- Proven track record of using personal leadership to overcome obstacles and get results.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience; IBM Certified Professional; IBM Certified Advanced Professional desired; Lotus Notes Domino 8.x Certifications for System Administration and Application Development; Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer or (MCSE - Exchange) desired.
- 8+ years experience working in a collaborative computing environments with a progressive increase in responsibilities.
- 8+ years Lotus Domino system administration/monitoring tools/Notes client configuration and troubleshooting
- 3+ years using Lotus scripting language to develop applications and automate Domino administration and maintenance tasks
- 3+ years administering email server infrastructure within a large, distributed, complex global organization
- 3+ years server administration of Microsoft Sharepoint farm environments.
- Strong knowledge on current and emerging collaboration tool technologies and their impact on the messaging & collaboration environment including web portals, audio conferencing and unified messaging.
- Job-related experience with other email technologies e.g. Outlook/Exchange, hosted mail solutions, mail hygiene, email archiving.
- 2+ years experience in managing Blackberry server infrastructure and Blackberry mobile devices.
- Strong understanding of dependencies, integration and relationships of collaborative infrastructures including email security, SMTP messaging, Internet mail, spam filtering and virus/malware protection of collaborative systems
- Strong working knowledge of concepts related to client/server software, LAN/WAN, Internet/intranet, firewalls, Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, public key infrastructure/certificates, Windows Server and Workstation OS (Windows 2008 server and Windows 7)
- Strong working knowledge of dependencies and relationships of operating systems, databases and applications.
International Programming & Systems Inc. - 14 months ago
Founded in 1980 and incorporated in California, IPS has grown at an impressive rate while maintaining "small company" attention to...