The selected individual will:
• Be responsible for monthly and quarterly financial reporting of status of claims open. Aging schedules as required.
• Traces, locates and contacts individuals or organizations to collect overdue monies.
• Requires good interpersonal skills, the ability to work well under deadline constraints, excellent computer and phone skills.
• Follow-up with insurance companies to resolve unpaid or underpaid accounts. Phone patients for payment or payment arrangements.
• Review Managed Care contracts to determine correct reimbursement for each account.
• Submit written appeals for underpayments to Insurance companies.
• Be able to read and complete UB04 and HCFA1500 forms and provide accurate and timely billing.
• Understands CPT4, ICD9 and HCPC coding.
• Print and re-file claims as needed.
• Demonstrated success working in a team environment focused on meeting organization goals and objectives required.
Knowledge, Skills And Requirements
Minimum 2 years accounting experience preferred.
Associates degree with concentration in accounting preferred.
Three to five years industry experience in a medical revenue organization or related is highly preferred.
Medical billing and collection experience required.
Must be proficient in Excel, Word and Outlook.
Selfhelp - 16 months ago