PATH is an international nonprofit organization that transforms global health through innovation. We take an entrepreneurial approach to developing and delivering high-impact, low-cost solutions, from lifesaving treatments, vaccines and devices to collaborative programs with communities. Through our work in more than 70 countries, PATH and our partners empower people to achieve their full potential.
One of PATH’s primary activities is the development, assessment/evaluation, and commercialization of health technologies and medical products for developing country use. PATH’s product teams conduct collaborative research and development with universities, manufacturers, and other institutions to develop products that are appropriate and affordable for developing country use. PATH’s goal in these collaborations is to achieve maximum sustainable public health benefit by facilitating global technology access.
In support of this objective, the Senior Commercialization Associate in the Maternal and Newborn Health Group within the Technology Solutions Global program will work to contribute to the introduction and uptake of generic drugs and medical devices that improve neonatal and/or maternal health. The Senior Commercialization Associate will collaborate with Commercialization Officer in the group and will undertake various activities in order to increase availability and accessibility of generic drugs and medical devices at affordable pricing in low-resource settings. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Serve as a member of the Maternal and Newborn Health Group, Technology Solutions Global program, with focus on ensuring increased availability and uptake of generic drugs.
- Manage, implement or support market research, which may include: market sizing, market segmentation, cost analysis, user preference study, stakeholder analysis, among others.
- Help develop product introduction strategies and plans based on market research, collaborating with local and international stakeholders.
- Assess manufacturing landscapes to identify appropriate production strategies for low-resource countries.
- Perform business due diligence of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers in low-resource countries in order to identify optimal manufacturing/commercialization partners.
- Perform interviews with stakeholders and manufacturers in order to identify improvements to existing products, or target profiles of new products, which would increase product uptake and define value propulsions of the products.
- Negotiate agreements between PATH and various public- and private-sector partners as required.
- Ability to interact with leaders in industry, international organizations, government organizations, and academia.
- Market research and market analysis skills.
- Business negotiation skills.
- Ability to interact with people with diverse cultural background.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervisions and as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to manage multiple diverse tasks by setting priorities and scheduling resources within the team.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 25% time.
MBA or business degree, plus a minimum of three years of experience in business development and technology assessment/commercialization/product introduction, and/or product management. Experience implementing and managing leading market research. Knowledge of product development processes. Experience in pharmaceutical industry and basic knowledge about pharmaceutical production processes is desirable. Experience working in other countries is a plus.
Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
PATH - 10 months ago