Job Responsibilities: Responsible for strategic and tactical activities related to the sourcing and procurement of raw materials to support global manufacturing operations.
- Conducts market research to understand industry, supplier, and competitor trends, develop and implement procurement strategies and objectives for assigned raw materials to meet business plans, and negotiate supplier contracts to execute those objectives.
- Manage supplies through distributors and work closely with Raw Material Buyers and the Regional Procurement Leaders for Europe, Middle East, Africa, India, and for Asia Pacific to leverage global sourcing and cross-business spend.
- Develop and implement global sourcing strategies for assigned bulk raw materials that fulfill identified business needs and that are consistent with the Procurement strategy and processes.
- Work with global business teams to identify Procurement opportunities and strategies to meet them, as well as with cross-functional teams to execute against those strategies.
- Identify suppliers and negotiate supply contracts that make Procurement a competitive advantage for organization.
- Work effectively with business and cross-functional teams to assure best in class Procurement processes and results.
- Drive continuous improvement of Procurement processes internally and with suppliers.
- Anticipate and work with business and operations leaders to solve for potential supply shortages, suppliers issues, and other potential failure modes.
- Assure full compliance with all applicable legal and company requirements, including the organizations code of business conduct, in all Procurement activities.
· Bachelors in Business, Supply Chain, or similar deg ree required.
· MBA/MS not required, but major plus.
· CPPM, CPM, CSCP or other industry certifications a major plus.
· 5 + years of Procurement in the chemical, petrochemical, or related industry.
· Experience in an environment supporting continuous process, high spend, and single source suppliers.
· Extensive commodity knowledge of chemical raw material inputs for a chemical manufacturer.
· Strong background in contract negotiations.
· Demonstrated ability to link business objectives and Procurement activities.
· Ability to adapt Procurement strategies and actions to respond to a rapidly changing business environment.
· Exposure and usage of Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies.
FPCNational - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard -