The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a not-for-profit, behavioral and social science research organization committed to improving people’s lives, with an emphasis on serving the needs of disadvantaged populations. AIR’s award-winning Health Program works with public health officials, foundations and nonprofit organizations to address many of today’s most challenging health and health care issues.
The Communications and Social Marketing (CSM) group of the Health Program helps to translate today's complex health issues into easy-to-understand information and skillfully disseminate these messages to culturally diverse audiences using a broad range of communication technologies and cross-media platforms.
Serves as a strategic communication resource and project manager for the health program. Ability to manage complex health-related projects in the public and non-profit sectors and provide strategic planning, behavior change/social marketing, materials development, partnership development, and other communication expertise. Experienced in supervision and mentoring of project staff members. Will work with clients in problem solving, growth of existing contracts, and marketing of new work. Will share in the responsibility of ensuring that AIR’s best thinking, service and products are provided by AIR’s Health Communication and Social Marketing practice. This individual will support appropriate AIR staff across offices to ensure that customer deliverables are met.
- Provide project management of various-sized projects serving multiple clients
- Develop project management and communication strategies in a collaborative environment
- Assist with developing staff capacity and mentoring junior staff
- Interact with government officials, potential clients, and partner organizations
- Manage client relationships
- Serve as a senior lead in coordinating support from AIR subcontractors and vendors
- Write reports, articles, and presentations
- Handle multiple tasks independently and simultaneously
- Steward AIR resources and subscribe to AIR mission
NEW BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interact with internal and external clients.
- Initiate relationships with AIR staff to identify and prioritize communication work.
- Demonstrate leadership by prioritizing, providing clear direction and feedback, and demonstrating good judgment.
- Assemble project task teams and oversee project work of others.
- Manage project deliverables and budgets to ensure projects remain on time and on budget and of high quality
- Keep supervisor(s) informed of sensitive or challenging work issues.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Plan and manage work time, including multiple priorities ensuring that work assignments are completed efficiently and effectively. Solve conflicting priority situations.
- Work proactively with supervisor and other managers to maintain billability.
- Contribute to the development of communication and social marketing business for existing clients.
- Contribute to team efforts to develop new business, including proposal research and writing, willingness to work on new business efforts while maintaining billability, and developing contacts.
- Write major sections of proposals.
- Provide high quality work and client relations to enhance the company’s reputation. Continually develop and remain current in professional and business/industry knowledge and demonstrate versatility and/or specialization for personal marketability.
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience required – in health, communication, and/or behavioral sciences field.
- 5+ years of experience in project management.
- 5+ years of government contracting and proposal development experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- PMP or similar certification in project management highly preferred.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...