The Senior Communications Specialist is responsible for designing, creating and implementing strategic communication plans that support company strategy and business priorities. As part of this role, this team member must be able to develop strategies in collaboration with key stakeholders while managing the communications timeline, determining the most effective communication channels and ensuring all messages conform to the appropriate guidelines.
- External Communications experience required
- Media relations experience
(This is a representative list of the general duties the position may be asked to perform, and is not intended to be all-inclusive)
- Collaboarate with internal clients throughout FedEx and key agency partners to recommend communication strategies, tactics and metrics that drive results for a specific project while aligning with company strategy and protecting corporate reputation.
- Write, edit and review communication or strategies with key stakeholders and other internal/external resources, including obtaining all necessary functional and legal approvals prior to release.
- Employ innovative approaches to reach the target audience, including traditional channels such as presentations, emails, printed publications and intranet, as well as emerging digital and social media channels like video, blogs and social networking sites.
- Ensure that all messages clearly communicate FedEx Office strategy and business initiatives, reflect FedEx Office core values and adhere to FedEx brand guidelines.
- Influence key executives to ensure that we are continuously delivering messages and projects in a way that best meets the needs of the end audience while supporting company strategy.
- Plan, develop and distribute messages as needed and on time.
- All other duties as needed or required
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Public Relations, Journalism or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in Communications, Corporate setting preferred
- 5+ years experience AP Style writing, editing and proofreading
- 1+ year writing for the Web and some HTML coding
- Prior experience creating a variety of communication vehicles (print, e-mail, voicemail, video, presentations, face-to-face)
- For new hires, must meet all FedEx Office employment qualifications in force at time of hiring, including successful passing of background check
- For current FedEx Office team members, must meet hiring criteria for the position and transfer requirements as outlined in the Team Member Handbook
- Ability to travel as required in order to meet with customers, vendors, other team members, and/or other business necessities
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to read and interpret documents and instructions from customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other team members
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation and instruction
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial pressure
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to work within the appropriate level of independence
QUALITY DRIVEN MANAGEMENT (QDM)
(Quality Driven Management strives to deliver market-leading customer experience, business excellence, and financial return through a Quality-oriented culture and day-to-day application of Quality science.)
- Suggests areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions
- Works with management to reduce company costs/wastes, to optimize profitability in areas of responsibility
- Applies Quality concepts learned from training during daily activities
- Supports FedEx Office’s Quality initiatives
FedEx Office (formerly FedEx Kinko's) is the world's leading provider of document solutions and business services. The Plano-based company...