Position: Senior Communications Analyst
Location: Washington DC
Type: Full-Time Position; Full Benefits Offered
Compensation: Base salary of $75,000 - $85,000
SDSE has an opening for a Senior Communications Analyst on an administrative and management support contract reporting to the Program Manager. This position is located in the Department of Energy (DOE), Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer, Office of Human Capital Strategy, Budget and Performance Metrics (HC-50). The purpose of this position is to provide strategic communication to both internal and external stakeholders in support of the HR Service Delivery (HRSD) implementation project.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Serves as the senior strategic communication lead for the HR Service Delivery (HRSD) Team and is responsible for planning, initiating and managing the communication materials and general messaging of the HRSD implementation project with key stakeholders.
- Serves as the day-to-day manager of communication and messaging for the HRSD project; identifies and executes innovative approaches to messaging that furthers the understanding of the HRSD project among stakeholders. Develops a schedule for routine messaging from the HRSD project manager and Core Team to stakeholders at all levels, including Executives, HR personnel, hiring managers and employees.
- Evaluates communication methods and develops a diverse strategy for ensuring widespread understanding of the HRSD project and progress made towards implementation. Creates varied communication materials including newsletters, fact sheets, brochures, communications packages for use at field level, etc. Creates an on-line presence for the HRSD project capitalizing on existing technologies, to be used as an information repository for interested stakeholders.
- Develops and executes the short-term vision for the communications strategy for the HRSD project. Assists with strategic communication requirements for HRSD project manager and Core Team, including presentation development, talking points and professional writing. Develops a consistent internal and external corporate brand messaging strategy that is reflected across all product and service programs.
- Exchanges and obtains information about assignments to complete the work and to provide information to employees and outside callers.
- Develops briefing material in support of project deliverables; develops and maintains a set of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), made available to all stakeholders; maintains the HRSD public email account and prepares responses for all questions, evaluating re-occurring questions for inclusion into the FAQ file.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing/Communications or Journalism degree preferred.
- 10 years of strategic communications experience preferred, 5-7 years minimum.
- Knowledge of technical writing, technical editing and APA style for effective corporate communication. Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to convey messages to all levels in an organization. Ability to write in different styles, voices, tones to most effectively communicate to multiple audiences.
- Knowledge of brand development with demonstrable skills in developing a complete brand identity to include mission, vision, tagline, etc.
- Knowledge of corporate communications and public relations within a multi-variant stakeholder community. Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage a high volume of detailed work in a fast-paced environment with a general understanding of routine aspects of HR service delivery.
- Knowledge of the latest advances in effective use of digital and social media for effective corporate communication, including online communities, and other digital marketing tools.
- 10% travel required.
- Ability to multitask and move between tasks with minimal down time.
- Planning and organizational skills sufficient to carry out assignments independently.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
SDSE is an 8(a) Veteran-Owned Small Business headquartered in the Washington DC metro area with offices nationwide and about 250 employees. SDSE provides award-winning professional services that deliver effective, cost conscious solutions while adhering to strict standards of quality to ensure mission success. We deploy a responsive, flexible, and innovative approach to achieve the needs and goals of our clients and pride ourselves on the support we provide our employees to be successful. SDSE has a proven record of enhancing government and business operations within the core competencies of: Management & Business Support Services, Information Technology, Administrative & Facilities Management, and Engineering Services.
SDSE is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and believes that diversity in the workplace is key to the success of a growing business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.