Bring your communication bravado, and help change the world one bold idea at a time. You can help drive the change that improves the health care system for the benefit of millions.
This position is responsible for management of strategic communications plans, projects and tasks related to topics impacting healthcare professionals with a focus on the Medicare Medicaid market expansion. Must have strong project/account management skills, excellent verbal and interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate complex topics in easily relatable messages. Must have a proven track record as a writer, editor and proofreader as well as healthcare-related experience. Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high pressure, deadline-driven virtual environment is essential. Experience working with graphics and production teams a plus. Some travel required.
- Partners and strategies with various subject matter experts to develop content
- Extensive writing, editing, proofreading of various topics ranging from basic to very complex
- Serves as a key resource on complex and/or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Provides explanations and information to others on complex issues
- Ability to readily understand variety of complex topics and translate those to easily understood messages for target audiences.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years writing experience including editing and proofreading (samples will be required during the interview process)
- 5+ yearâ€™s experience with Account or Client/Project Management in Communications/Marketing
- 1+ years Healthcare insurance experience
- Prior experience working with off-site clients and teams in a virtual environment.
- MS Word - Developing presentations using design elements such as master slides, clip art, themes & layouts. Using charts & tables in presentations .
- MS Excel - Calculating and analyzing data with advanced formulas, Creating presentations of data using charts ,Analyzing data using pivot tables & charts, Organizing worksheets and table data .
- MS PowerPoint - Developing presentations using design elements such as master slides, clip art, themes & layouts .Using charts & tables in presentations
- Previous experience preparing communications or press releases for provider networks in the healthcare industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism, Marketing or related field perferred .
UnitedHealthcare , part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, is comprised of three specialized businesses dedicated to meeting the health care benefits needs of individuals and groups; all part of something greater, but each with a specialized focus
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual works with individuals, small businesses and large multi-site employers to provide innovative, affordable benefits services.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is focused on serving Americans over the age of 50. It is the largest business dedicated to meeting the growing health and well-being needs of aging individuals in the nation, serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries through a comprehensive and diversified array of products and services through four industry-leading businesses.
UnitedHealthcare Community & State provides high-quality, personalized, public-sector health care programs that help local government agencies improve health outcomes for millions of children and low-income and disabled individuals at an affordable cost.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
Come grow and thrive in our culture of innovation and ideas. Because there is no opportunity greater than the quest to help people live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...