In order to support Illumina’s rapid expansion we are searching for a talented Senior Compensation Analyst. This is a hands-on role focusing on the analysis, development, implementation and administration of global compensation programs designed to attract, motivate and engage the employee talent essential to sustaining Illumina’s growth.
Basic Function and Scope of Position:
Performs activities to develop, implement and administer global compensation policies and programs. Consult with business in support of formulation of analytics to drive business decisions.
This role is particularly suited for someone who is technically savvy with strong analytical skills and a background working in a global matrix HR team, a hands-on approach to human resources service delivery, the ability to juggle multiple tasks, and a strong orientation to managing details, building virtual relationships and delivering tangible results.
Global Compensation Programs
• Administer company’s annual salary increase, variable, and equity programs, working closely with the HR systems and Talent Management teams, driving to successful completion. Recommends process improvements.
• Consults with HR Business Partners on day-to-day compensation matters and develop effective compensation proposals/decisions. Proactively identify compensation concerns and formulate solutions and recommendations for further review and approval.
• Reviews existing and proposed statutory requirements governing global compensation administration partners with appropriate resources to access company impact and recommend appropriate course of action(s).
• Support M&A activities, including due diligence and integration.
Analytics & Modeling
• Superior analytical and modeling skills with ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data.
• Analyze competitive pay information to determine company's global total compensation competitive position. Provide recommendations regarding global compensation programs that support business goals and objectives while supporting local markets.
• Create financial models to support global compensation plan design and decision-making. Model cost implications for base, variable, and equity plans.
Benchmarking and Market Pricing
• Lead compensation benchmarking and market pricing activities.
o Participate in global compensation surveys.
o Manage robust market pricing database in company’s MarketPay system.
o Review and update global base pay ranges based on competitive market data.
• Enhances workforce effectiveness by administering job leveling process; evaluate jobs and assign appropriate pay and ranges. Conducts job analysis to determine base pay range based on external market data and FLSA exemption status.
• Strong project management skills with experience working in cross-functional teams.
• Process oriented and organized, with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively with emphasis on accuracy.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, finance, human resources or related field.
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred.
Preferred Experiential Background:
Functional & Industry Experience
• 5+ years of global compensation experience including base, variable, and equity.
• Experience in life sciences, biotechnology, or technology industries a plus.
• Experience in a complex, multi-tiered, matrix company characterized by fast growth and change.
• Basic understanding of career development and career laddering concepts, principles, and processes.
• FLSA knowledge.
• Knowledge of global compensation market practices; sensitive to and good understanding of different cultures.
Software & Systems
• Advanced Microsoft Office, Excel and PowerPoint skills. Must be strong in pivot tables, vlookups, and using Excel to build costing models.
• Experience with MarketPay and Workday highly desirable.
Influence & Engagement
• Build positive relationships across a global team and works successful in a virtual partnership model.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to effectively present information and recommendations.
• Self-directed, energetic team player with proven ability to produce positive results under tight deadlines and limited resources.
• Able to work successfully in a fast-paced environment.
• Must work independently, proactively and possess ability to work with complex employment issues in multiple countries.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 6 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...