Genomic Health ( www.genomichealth.com ) is a life science company whose core competence is improving the quality of treatment decisions for patients with cancer by utilizing genomic technologies to predict cancer recurrence and response to therapy. Through research, development and commercialization of genomic-based clinical laboratory services, these diagnostic technologies generate information that healthcare providers and patients can use in making treatment decisions. As one of the leaders in this field the company is rapidly building the capability to become a worldwide hub for genomic and diagnostic data leading to more personalized medicine.
The Senior Compensation Analyst is a hands on position responsible for Genomic Health’s global Human Resources compensation systems support, maintenance and administration. This position is also responsible for staff design and analysis support to the Senior Director, Compensation, Benefits and HR Systems.
The position provides an exciting opportunity for an innovative, articulate, highly-motivated individual with a passion for the Human Resources function to utilize professional concepts within a consultative approach to solve complex problems in ambiguous situations. This individual will partner with the existing HR team to actively participate in both day-to-day and project based department activities where compensation is involved. This individual is expected to exercise independent judgment and autonomy is determining the best methods to deliver results.
- Performs staff support activities to analyze, develop, implement, communicate and administer compensation policies and programs.
- Develops and/or participates in compensation surveys to collect and analyze competitive salary information to determine company's competitive position.
- Reviews proposed salary adjustments for conformance to established guidelines, policies and practices.
- Formulates recommendations regarding development of company compensation programs, FLSA exemptions and job revisions.
- Audits jobs for content and prepares job descriptions reflecting job responsibilities, activities, duties and requirements.
- Reviews requests for new or revised classifications to determine appropriate job level assignment.
- Reviews existing and proposed statutory requirements governing compensation and recommends appropriate courses of action ensuring company compliance with federal and state laws.
- Prepare special studies and recommendations on subjects such as recognition, bonus plans, sales compensation or stock.
- Works with other Human Resources personnel to evaluate HRIS software and hardware needs and may design new or modify existing HRIS to meet changing demands.
- Often works with payroll and its personnel.
- Project manage implementation of new plans / programs
TRAVEL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- SuccessFactors experience a must
- Organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Technically savvy and systems oriented with strong knowledge in database structure
- Ability to multi task between different projects and day to day activities
- Able to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation
- Ability to provide guidance on Genomic Health’s HR processes to other staff members
- The ability to effectively manage one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Knowledge in MS Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Knowledge in HR systems and database applications; SuccessFactors experience a must and Ultimate Software experience preferred
- Good communication skills – both written and oral
- B.S. in Business Administration with a concentration in HR or equivalent
- 8 years work experience in Human Resources, preferable experience in compensation, benefits and HR systems
- Strong communicator with ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers and customers as needed
- Prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality
- Work as part of a team
- Less than 10% travel
- Standing or sitting for long periods of time may be necessary
- Some lifting (greater than 25 pounds) may be necessary
Genomic Health - 12 months ago
Genomic Health, Inc. (NASDAQ: GHDX) is the world’s leading provider of genomic-based diagnostic tests that address the overtreatment...