Conducts complex compensation human resource analysis related duties and assignments for the Human Resources (HR) Department under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Develops and revises job descriptions company-wide and ensures and maintains compliance with relevant regulations
- Maintains job description database ensuring integrity, accuracy and compliance
- Participates in compensation surveys on behalf of the Company
- Analyzes data from survey sources and conducts analysis of jobs, hourly wages, salaries, FLSA status and incentives in order to evaluation internal equity, external competitiveness and legal compliance of the Company’s pay practices
- Benchmarks jobs utilizing salary surveys or whole job comparison as needed
- Designs and prepares ad hoc compensation and budget related reports for management
- Assists in preparation of merit increase and incentive programs
- Assists in development and maintenance of compensation programs and structures
- Partner with HR offices to work on internal and external pay offers, equity adjustments, as needed
- Codes invoices as needed
- Develops and modifies process flow documents for various HR functions and system as needed
- May function as power user for the SAP HR System
- May maintain SAP OM objects including PA records, reporting, testing, and training on reporting and use of system
- May troubleshoot user issues in SAP, correcting errors to employee records for HR Generalists and Managers
- May assign appropriate DOA levels in SAP to various employees upon request and approval by management and accounting
- May create organization charts in SAP upon request and posts to Company intranet on regular basis
- May work with internal and external legal department or group on policies and AAP as needed
- May handle recruitment activities for facility as needed
- May assist various managers on completion of position requisition forms for facility as needed
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their manager, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of five years’ of work experience in a combination of compensation analysis and evaluation with management, FLSA analysis, job description development, and compensation survey participation is required.
Experience with Successfactors modules and SAP HCM preferred.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field is required.
Intermediate skill level knowledge in human resources principles and ability to analyze and apply this knowledge as it pertains to the Company. Intermediate end user or functional ERP system experience. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products especially in MS Excel and MS Word. Demonstrated knowledge and experience using MS Excel’s vlookup function, formula creation, and pivot tables to assist with reporting and analyses. Advanced ability to summarize for concise communication with all levels of management and manage projects and assignments with extreme accuracy and efficiency. Proficient with spreadsheet, database and word processing applications; strong reading skills; ability to effectively communicate with others in a tactful manner, both in writing and verbally; analytical, problem solving and decision making skills; detail oriented; ability to work independently and perform intermediate level mathematical calculations. Ability to handle confidential information including but not limited to Protected Health Information (PHI) and all applicable compliance issues in relation to relevant HIPAA regulations.
Special training in Human Resources basics. PHR and CCP certifications. Org Publisher software experience. ADP Reportsmith reporting tool experience. Strong SAP HCM, BI software knowledge.
Office based with travel up to 15% of the time by land or air is required. Subject to varying road and weather conditions. Some exposure to refinery and pipeline locations.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, reaching or grasping, ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates, and valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance.