FactSet, a leading provider of financial information and analytics, helps the world’s best investment professionals outperform. More than 49,000 users stay ahead of global market trends, access extensive company and industry intelligence, and monitor performance with FactSet’s desktop analytics, mobile applications, and comprehensive data feeds. The Company was named the 2012 Best Research Provider at the Inside Market Data and Inside Reference Data Awards and has been included in FORTUNE's Top 100 Best Companies to Work For, the United Kingdom’s Great Places to Work and France’s Best Workplaces.
FactSet, with over $850 million in annual revenues, is headquartered in Norwalk, Connecticut and employs over 6,000 people worldwide. Our operations extend within North America as well as Europe and Asia. Since 1996, the Company has been publicly traded on the NYSE and NASDAQ under the symbol FDS.
FactSet is currently seeking a Senior Compliance Manager to join our finance department at our corporate headquarters. This position will be responsible for working closely with all department managers in the Company including working with executive management and the Board of Directors.
This position will report directly to the Principal Financial Officer with a dotted-line to the Audit Committee.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage all SEC filings including preparation of quarterly Form 10-Qs, Annual 10-Ks and periodic reports
- Function as the leader with respect to financial reporting and disclosure issues
- Coordinate and lead the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance effort including the ability to monitor and evaluate the Company's internal controls over financial reporting
- Identify audit risk areas and create and execute specific internal audit reviews of these areas
- Act as the main point of contact for risks identified globally and communicate these risks to the Board
- Document, identify and mitigate both financial and non-financial corporate risks facing FactSet
- Coordinate with external insurance carriers to ensure adequate coverage for each subsidiary
- Research accounting and financial reporting issues to determine impact on the Company
- Assist in adoption of on new accounting pronouncements by the FASB, SEC and IASB to determine impact on the Company including resolution of technical accounting issues
- Aid the Director of Finance and Controller in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Be a member of the Relocation Committee to identify cross-border exposure areas for the Company
Job Requirements :
This position requires high levels of enthusiasm and a strong passion for working with other department managers to resolve issues. Working under deadlines is a strong key to success. In addition, the candidate for this position should possess the following:
- Strong understanding of accounting rules (FASB, SEC, etc.)
- Minimum 7 years of experience in reviewing SEC filings and auditing experience in a Big Four accounting firm
- Internal controls exposure with regards to dealing with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance testing
- Ability to present and communicate findings with members of a company’s Board of Directors
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- BA in Accounting
- CPA license
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications
Learn more at www.factset.com , and follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/factset .
FactSet Research Systems Inc. is an E-Verify participant and EOE/M/F/D/V Employer which strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
Analysts, portfolio managers, and investment bankers know FactSet Research Systems has the facts down pat. The company offers global...