SR. Composite Technician
Reports to: Supervisor
The Sr. Composite Technician is directly responsible to the Supervisory Technician or Assistant Manager for their assigned duties. They will work in close coordination with the Quality Assurance Department during the performance of these duties.
Duties and Responsibilities shall include but not limited to the following:
- Responsible for assigned work area, shop or ramp ensuring that it is kept clean and free of hazards.
- Perform all aviation maintenance in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations, the highest shop practices and in the interest of safety of flight.
- Be familiar with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and Company policies and be able to comply.
- All aspects of composite repairs, to include vacuum bagging, hot bonding, hybrid repairs, core replacement, and tooling used in composite repairs.
- Keep their tools and support equipment in a safe and operational condition at all times and, when using calibrated equipment, ensure the calibration due time has not expired.
- Wear eye and ear protection as necessary to safeguard sight and hearing while on the flight line during run-ups or when operating machinery and power tools.
- Submit in writing any suggested change in operational procedures that will enhance safe, cost effective aircraft maintenance.
- Responsible for completion of all department internal company forms, maintenance records documents, work orders, etc.
- Conduct On-The-Job Training as outlined in Shuttle Airlines Maintenance Training Manual.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- FAA Certificate mechanic with Airframe and Powerplant certified.
- 3 years professional experience in composites, wet lay-ups, metal-to-metal hot bond, core replacement, weight and balance calculations, and ability to work from engineering drawings and written specifications.
- Candidate must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record that will pass the criteria set by our insurance carrier for on the job coverage.
- Reliable and self motivated.
- Able to routinely lift 75 pounds, stand, bend, and stoop frequently while working.
- United States citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986.
- Willingness to work weekends, holidays and night shift and overtime as needed
Republic Airways - 20 months ago
Many US airlines pledge allegiance to Republic Airways. The airline holding company's subsidiaries Chautauqua Airlines, Republic...